Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked INQ 1 will not work on Meteor - Help!

Options
  • 11-01-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭

I have an INQ 1 phone which was exclusive to Three. They have unlocked this phone for me. However my Meteor sim card will not work on it. I have tested it with Vodafone, O2 & Just Mobile sims. All work perfectly and I can make calls & send texts to Ireland or Internationally, no problem. There are 2 Meteor phones in the household and neither will work the INQ 1 (also known as AMOI WMA 8710) Occasionally, when the Meteor sim is in the phone, I might get a signal long enough to make 1 call or send 1 text. If I try to make a second call, I get a message"Call ended". Meteor have been no help. Customer Care would not let me talk to the tech guys:(. Cannot contact them through their website as the damn Contact Form on the Contact Us page will not transmit when you hit Submit:(
    Can anyone throw light on this for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I haven't had much dealing with these, but aren't made especially for 3, no other carriers have them iirc. It might work if you could get new software but I dont know enough about them to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You're right, Davy. But I'm just after sending 2 texts to UK on it with a Just Mobile sim in it. Problem seems to be with Meteor only:(. To make thing worse Meteor have listed a host of Amoi phones that they have the settings for,on their website, but not this one.The OS is Brew 3.1.5 if that makes a difference.IMO it should'nt as the other sim cards work on it automatically.

Update. Took the phone to a Meteor shop in Galway today. Asked the Salesman would he know what was wrong & if it could be fixed. He had a look & then told me the phone was incompatible with the Meteor network. Could'nt believe what I'd heard. The INQ is 900/1800/1900/3g - exactly the same as my Nokia 6700 on Meteor. Guess I'll have to go to the unlocking boys:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Dunno what the exact problem is, but that Meteor salesman is spouting ****e!
    The INQ 1 like you say is triband GSM and 2100 Mhz 3G.
    It should work on all Irish networks as they all use either 900 or 1800 for GSM and 2100 for 3G. The only thing I can think of, is it's set in the settings somewhere to maybe go for 900 manually, and you're receiving an 1800 Meteor signal, or something like this

Have you looked through the settings to see if you can change the network frequency?

Thanks for that Mike. There are 4 options in the Network Settings i.e. Auto mode,3G/GSM, PCS 1900 & UMTS. As the Meteor sims are 3G , I set the Network to 3G or Auto, then did a manual search for networks. Up came Meteor, Meteor 3G, Voda 3G, O2, & 3 3G.Its only when I chose Meteor 3g that I wil get a temporary signal for about 3/4 mins. When I chose PCS 1900I got a "Search Error". When I chose UMTS it picks up Meteor 3G, but I get "Emergency Calls Only".:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement