Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not happy with piercing

Options
  • 11-01-2011 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

Got my ear pierced earlier today, just a second piercing on my earlobe. Came home and realised it's too close to my first piercing.

I'll probably just keep it but I was wondering, if I decide I really don't like it, would it be ok to take it out now and let the hole close up? And if I did that, any idea how long I'd have to wait to get it pierced again (and remember to specify a distance next time!)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If you were to take it out now you should still treat it as a new piercing however I'm not sure if that's recommended. Safest bet is to keep it in, heal it, then take it out, should close up pretty handily but you may be left with a small dimple

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah best thing to do would be let it heal then take it out as it's still a fresh wound. Also maybe go to a different piercer next time if the one you went to this time didn't check if you were happy with the placement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 3 little birds

Really don't like it now, can't even fit my favourite earrings in the first holes! Gah! It's my fault though, should have asked for it further away, just wasn't thinking at the time.

So yous think I should wait for the 6-8 weeks before taking it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I would, but I'm not a piercer. Go back to the piercer who did it, explain the situation and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Take out the studs after about 48 hours. Treat the piercing as an open wound. Your best option is a small bit of gauze and surgical tape to cover the hole. Healing should be well under way after a week and provding you keep it clean and dry a repierce should be possible in around 8 weeks. Just make sure there is no tenderness at all in the lobe before you get it repierced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 3 little birds

Thanks for all the help. Rang around a few places today and got advice ranging from take it out immediately to leave it for about a week before taking it out. Think I'll leave it a couple of days before doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

I personally would take it out before it heals. If you take in out before it heals then it should close up fairly lively. I'm assuming this is just a standard ear piercing and not guaged? Anywho if its just a standard piercing definitely would take it out now rather than later.

Advertisement