Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working mother tax relief

Options
  • 11-01-2011 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all did i hear this right during the budget
    a new tax relief for working mothers to curb the cost of childcare while at work :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Have you any links to this FR.Ted Crilly?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FR.Ted Crilly

if i had a link i wouldnt be trying to jog any memories thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

From here: http://www.budget.gov.ie/budgets/2011/Documents/Summary%20of%20Measures%20Combined.pdf (if you search for child it brings it up)
    ABOLITION OF RELIEFS (from 1 January 2011 unless
    otherwise stated)

Tax exemption from BIK for Employer Provided Childcare

It actually looks like they're abolishing the one tax exemption they already had for it. I can't find anything else to relate to a new working mothers tax relief toward childcare.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There was a suggestion from the IMF that Ireland could lower taxes for women to encourage them to return to employment after having a child. More people working = more tax accrued by the government. The suggestion hasn't been taken on board so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FR.Ted Crilly

before i read into it thanks for the help :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It would be lovely for working parents to get a child tax relief again but unfortunately not true.
    The only extra tax credit is single parent tax credit for lone working non cohabiting parents.

Advertisement