Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Cable wireless router and adapter problems

Options
  • 11-01-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm using a Belkin G+ MIMO router and Belkin PCI card in my desktop at the moment and my internet constantly, at least once a day, and usually 10+ times, claims 'DNS Server error'. I've checked and it seems to be because of the router or the wireless adapter, so they need replacing. (I've changed the server, no help, and plugging directly into UPC's modem always solves the problem)

I'm looking for something that can just send the signal upstairs from downstairs in a 3 bedroom house, and proper card adapter, rather than usb - the cheaper the better, since I#m already down the price of the Belkin stuff.

If anyone can recommend something that would be great, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

If you have a spare ethernet port on the router / modem a set of homeplugs would work great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

macrubicon wrote: »
    If you have a spare ethernet port on the router / modem a set of homeplugs would work great.

Unfortunately not, just the one and there are 2 laptops as well as my computer so it has to be wireless. Cheers though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Just realised I should have posted this in wireless, apologies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to Wireless forum.

Advertisement