Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fm Genie Scout 2011

Options
  • 11-01-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd share this here for others to see and decide whether they want to use it or not.

Installation guide and other info from this website
    http://www.fmscout.com/

download link here
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/53614193/

For those not in the know, it basically gives you access to all a player's/club's/staff's hidden and known attributes and allows you to search through all those potential wunderkids and pick a real gem.
    It also gives you sale prices of players so you can guage whether your interest in a player is worth your while or out of your budget.

I know others will consider this cheating but since scouting for players is so difficult and time consuming for many people especially with jobs or other commitments it's a nice option to make the most of fm2011 and make it a little less life draining.

I had to uncompress my save game for it to access and had to run it as administrator on vista. The only problem/fault I've noticed in my brief usage is Seria A appearing as Irish Group A.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Genie scout?

Booo.

You might as well go to the data editor and make all your players -10 potential. I hate things like the genie scout, if you are going to play the game do it right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Genie scout?

Booo.

You might as well go to the data editor and make all your players -10 potential. I hate things like the genie scout, if you are going to play the game do it right

It's not a real time editor. I use it as the current game is so labour intense for day to day running of the club; I always do press conferences, do private chats with players after every match, never holiday, etc. I remember once being able to do a season in a day in cm04/05, now I can't dedicate 12/24 hours to a game and to do a season takes anything up to a fortnight. I can only imagine what it would be without it.

To trawl through regens in player search and scout reports and never get near to completing a season with a team without using it is so frustrating when time is an issue. With it I get a more rewarding experience from the game. It's a time saver. I'd love to have the time to send off my scouts to exotic footballing hotspots and read up all the reports they create and fine tune player search for that one player in a million but time doesn't allow it.

I agree with you that it's considered cheating but it's up to each user's discretion and degree of usage and I consider it a far lower form of cheating (in it's most basic usage) compared to using the back post corner exploit to win matches at a canter. Asking for advice from other people on here about the game could be considered cheating too :o.

Advertisement