Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Mullingar

Options
  • 11-01-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel in Mullingar or what kind of experiences have they had with the various ones in town. I have done a bit of searching on the interweb but not really seeing much feedback on the options.

Also, any info on which restaurants in town might be worth a visit would be useful.

Thanks for any info guys ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Hotels:

Park Hotel - Although this hotel is a little outside town (5mins drive)
    Annebrook Hotel - Right in the centre of town
    Austin Friar Hotel - Right in the centre of town (also across the road from the Annebrook hotel).

As for restaurant, I personally recommend the following:

Oscars (mixed menu iirc)
    La Guitarra (Italian)
    Pasta Bella (Italian)
    The Greville Arms is good for food (I've never been in the bar/club so can't comment on those areas)

"Ilia Tapas & More" is also meant to be good, but I've never been to it so can't comment/recommend it.

There was also this thread a while ago with recommendations/suggestions, maybe it can also be of some help to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Have stayed in the Mullingar Park Hotel and in the Annebrook Hotel, both lovely hotels, nice comfy rooms. Annebrook is in the middle of the town, Mullingar Park is 5 mins out of town centre. Mullingar Park might be a little pricy for what you get though.

If in town, try Oscars for food, very nice spot

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

For restaurants, Ilia Tapas is very good (you may need to book if its for a weekend night). If u like Indian there are two, both good - Saagar and Silver Oak. For Chinese, I like the Amber Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sirrah

I would recommend the Annebrook, for food I'd go to Fat Cats over Canton Casey's & the restaurant in the Austin Friar Hotel.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

sirrah wrote: »
    I would recommend the Annebrook, for food I'd go to Fat Cats over Canton Casey's & the restaurant in the Austin Friar Hotel.;)
    Is Fat Cats open? I thought it was closed down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Is Fat Cats open? I thought it was closed down.

Yes it was closed down a long time ago. Oscars or La Guitaria are nice restaurants.

Advertisement