Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rename files, remove 1st 5 characters???

• 11-01-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a way to rename a batch of files in one go? I need to remove the first 5 characters in their files names but keep the rest as is. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Had a look at this but i cant do it in bulk, so there is no advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Cork Skate wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a way to rename a batch of files in one go? I need to remove the first 5 characters in their files names but keep the rest as is. Any ideas?

If you get nowhere, I could knock up something fairly quickly.

Let me know either in a post or PM.

If you get nowhere, I could knock up something fairly quickly.

Let me know either in a post or PM.

I think i'd take you up on that offer at this stage. I've been googling for a good bit and i've tried to few programs, i thought this one would do but no joy. I dont know if there is anything out there for what i want, to remove characters and no replace them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I used a programme from faraseen.com to do this but it appears their now offline, and I can't find the software anywhere. the name was Batch FileName Editor 4.5 It allows to put extra on to the file names at beginning or end and renaming files.

Edit: here it is http://download.cnet.com/Batch-Filename-Editor/3000-2248_4-10745924.html

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    I used a programme from faraseen.com to do this but it appears their now offline, and I can't find the software anywhere. the name was Batch FileName Editor 4.5 It allows to put extra on to the file names at beginning or end and renaming files.

Edit: here it is http://download.cnet.com/Batch-Filename-Editor/3000-2248_4-10745924.html

Brilliant, this is exactly what i was looking for. Unreal. That program is a complete life saver. Cheers for that

FYI - Its the 'Remove Anything' option that i used.

Free version, you can only do 10 at a time but that will do. Seriously easy to use program though, people should save to favourites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Cork Skate wrote: »
    Brilliant, this is exactly what i was looking for. Unreal. That program is a complete life saver. Cheers for that

FYI - Its the 'Remove Anything' option that i used.

Free version, you can only do 10 at a time but that will do. Seriously easy to use program though, people should save to favourites

Yeah, when I needed that about 3 years ago I searched everything to find one, glad it helped you.

Advertisement