Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~ recommend a tattoo studio ~

Options
  • 11-01-2011 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I have never had a tattoo before,
    can anyone recommend a good tattoo studio in Limerick,
    and a tattoo artist?

I looked up some info here, and noticed that ALLSTAR INK, DANNY BULLMAN, and LIVING ART are mostly mentioned.

Could you tell me some of your experiences?

Thank you. ^_^
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Normally I would say Danny Bullman but I think he may still be living abroad, am open to correction on that though.

As for who is left in Limerick, well a lot will depending on what you want done in terms of whether you are looking for someone who can do very detailed and intricate work or someone who is a good allrounder but excellent on colouring etc.

Ross at All Star would be the best in Limerick for colouring or anything that has oriental leanings imho.

Buddy or Damien at Living Art are both excellent all rounders in my eyes.

For anything that requires very detailed work I have tended to go to Cork to Tattoo Zoo where Connie and Fergal are top notch. Cannot comment on Kieran there as I have never gotten anything done by him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think this maybe better in the tattoo forum.

@ModsFeel free to move back to Limerick City if you feel it'd be best there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 375200272

Kess73 wrote: »
    Normally I would say Danny Bullman but I think he may still be living abroad, am open to correction on that though.

As for who is left in Limerick, well a lot will depending on what you want done in terms of whether you are looking for someone who can do very detailed and intricate work or someone who is a good allrounder but excellent on colouring etc.

Ross at All Star would be the best in Limerick for colouring or anything that has oriental leanings imho.

Buddy or Damien at Living Art are both excellent all rounders in my eyes.

For anything that requires very detailed work I have tended to go to Cork to Tattoo Zoo where Connie and Fergal are top notch. Cannot comment on Kieran there as I have never gotten anything done by him.

so it is not possible to get a tattoo done by Danny personally?

And, do you know if the studios open at weekends?

Does anyone know the price?
    ~Living art & All star~?

I am a student now,
    so I would like to find a pleae with fair price,
    not too expensive.

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »

Have you done sth by living art?
    how was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

375200272 wrote: »
    so it is not possible to get a tattoo done by Danny personally?

And, do you know if the studios open at weekends?

Last I heard he had moved to mainland Europe, so if he is still there then he is not going to be doing anything in Limerick.

As for weekends, I am sure that all of the places I mentioned are open on Saturdays.

I know that Tattoo Zoo in Cork is open at the weekend as I used to go down on a Saturday to get work done there.

There is usually one of Ross or Paul at All Star Ink on a Saturday, maybe both.

Not sure about the hours at Living Art but I would imagine they would be similar.

As for price and the like, the best thing to do there is to call into one of the places I mentioned and have a chat with the lads as to what you want done, and they will be able to give you an idea of timescale and cost. The size, detail, colour, time involved etc will all impact on the price.

Over the phone is really no good to be honest as it is much easier for you to get good and accurate advice face to face with them.

Any idea as to what you want done in terms of design, colour and intricacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

Go to Hard Knox and talk to Steve or Marek,they're good guys,and they're good at what they do.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Last I heard he had moved to mainland Europe, so if he is still there then he is not going to be doing anything in Limerick.

As for weekends, I am sure that all of the places I mentioned are open on Saturdays.

I know that Tattoo Zoo in Cork is open at the weekend as I used to go down on a Saturday to get work done there.

There is usually one of Ross or Paul at All Star Ink on a Saturday, maybe both.

Not sure about the hours at Living Art but I would imagine they would be similar.

As for price and the like, the best thing to do there is to call into one of the places I mentioned and have a chat with the lads as to what you want done, and they will be able to give you an idea of timescale and cost. The size, detail, colour, time involved etc will all impact on the price.

Over the phone is really no good to be honest as it is much easier for you to get good and accurate advice face to face with them.

Any idea as to what you want done in terms of design, colour and intricacy?

Thank you, your answer is sooo detailed. ^_^

plargep56p360e000ce5455.jpg

I want to have something like this tatto on one wrist.
    It looks like a real bow tie~~

Advertisement