Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Declan's NS flooded

• 11-01-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I heard St. Declan's NS was badly damaged with burst pipes over the Christmas holidays, and a pupil's mum told me she heard they could be closed until February.
    I know they missed a week - at least - with the snow along with most other schools in December so it's a very unfortunate time for that to happen, although I suppose they'd have had to close for longer had they not been on holidays anyway.
    I wonder how parents are reacting, it must be very hard for working parents, but I feel sorry for the principal too as they can take a lot of flack for things out of their control (I don't know anything about pipes! Could it have been prevented?)

http://www.stdeclansns.com/burstpipesdec10.htm

Advertisement