Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is DIT policy regarding sickness during exams?

Options
  • 11-01-2011 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I have an exam on Thursday, and at the moment, I am coming down with a fever.

It isn't that bad at the minute, but I think it probably will be. I think a vommiting bug may be coming on.

If I am sick on the day of the exam, and get a doctor's note, what is the situation. Will I have to repeat at the end of summer?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Hiya,

I had the same issue myself a couple of years ago. What you need to do is present to either your own gp or the student health service and get a doctor's certificate and attach this cert to a personal circumstances for (can be found on the ditsu website) and submit this form within 48 hours of the exam to the exams office on your campus.

Generally, you will be able to resit the exam as a first attempt whenever the next sitting of the exam is!

Get well soon :)

Advertisement