Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I use Apple & Fig Chutney for???

Options
  • 11-01-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I was given a jar of Apple & Fig Chutney over the Christmas in a hamper & I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea how/what it could be used for?

For once I'm stumped......normally I have some idea what direction to go, but not this time....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

In ham or cheese sandwiches; with cold meat; basically with anything where you would generally use chutney.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Or also nice alongside a good curry.
    Great with sausages.
    Under the cheese on cheese on toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

with black pudding....yum! There is something in the cooking club that I am thinking could be adapted....or just put a dollap of chutney on your plate and dip your pudding and sausages in it as you eat.

Or with fresh crusty bread, chutney and mature cheedar cheese or similar

in salad sandwich

when cooking chicken breasts in the oven, coat them with the chutney and cover - viola! Serve with mash and veg or if you have the time on a bed of risotto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 niki1

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Ok, so I was given a jar of Apple & Fig Chutney over the Christmas in a hamper & I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea how/what it could be used for?

For once I'm stumped......normally I have some idea what direction to go, but not this time....
    Id use it for a nice smooth pate, hot toast and a rocket and pinenut salad with a touch of balsamic dressing!!
    Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 niki1

chuckles30 wrote: »

Id use it for a nice smooth pate, hot toast and a rocket and pinenut salad with a touch of balsamic dressing!!
    Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MandyM

Serve with a cheeseboard, chutneys are great with cheese & crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

With cheese, in sandwiches, on toasted cheese sandwiches, with cold meats & quiches

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Use it in a really good starter!

Make goats cheese wantons (juet get some wanton wrappers from your friendly local asian store and spoon in a lump of cheese, seal and deep fry until golden).
    Serve them with a really simple green salad with a nice tangy dressing and then put 3 blobs of the apple and fig chutney on the plate and put the wantons ontop.

Will be bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Thanks to all for the suggestions....I had no idea where to start....

Advertisement