Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewave

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Two codes for one person is not a proper solution.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    I disagree, a lot of people have different codes for cleaners/work men/keyholders or neighbours so they know who has set and unset the alarm.

This might not suit the op but it does suit a lot of other people.
    If you install 10 domestic systems how many of them would require more than one code?
    In my experience it would be more like one in twenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iancr

koolkid wrote: »
    If you install 10 domestic systems how many of them would require more than one code?

most domestic clients of mine ask for more than one code for neighbours, kids etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iancr

altor wrote: »
    So you reckon the option of a user to unset the panel is a bug. They are user commands that only a user with the user option selected for them will ever see. There is no need for a firmware update.

agree with you altor 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

koolkid wrote: »

I would say 5 once it has being explained properly to them. Most of the alarms I install have some sort of dialer on them for self monitoring or put through a monitoring station so giving keys to family, friends or neighbours to check out the system if it activates is quite common.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

About 40% of ours would be central station monitoring with key holders. Still the majority would be happy with one code. I am, of course, excluding duress codes here, as its not relevant to the original issues.

Nice to have the option ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Hi Lads,
    Been away for a few days...Alarm behaved itself anyways.

Excluding the points which Altor has made about several codes for different users which I agree with totally...I still maintain that the panel should know what state it is in - like it's counterpart the securewatch does.

if panel is set - First menu option should be Unset.
    If panel is set - First option should be Full Arm & Not unset!

Cheers for all the advise lads regarding this.

I'm going to add window & door contacts over the next few weeks now but one question...is there an easy way to mount the magnetic part of the door contact onto pvc which are milled at an angle such that I can't screw the piece on flat...Can I get premade standoffs of some sort which I can cut down or should I just knock something up out of some pvc or wood to suit?

Thanks,
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Dependind on the gap the contact may cross the gap, failing that you can fit it to the moulded part.
    Alternatively you could fit minature contacts inside the the window provided the gap is greater than 18mm.

digiking wrote: »
    I'm going to add window & door contacts over the next few weeks now but one question...is there an easy way to mount the magnetic part of the door contact onto pvc which are milled at an angle such that I can't screw the piece on flat...Can I get premade standoffs of some sort which I can cut down or should I just knock something up out of some pvc or wood to suit?

Thanks,
    Alan

It is not usually an issue once you can screw on the magnet. Most magnets will close the reed on the contact 15 - 20 mm away. You should test it first before you drill :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement