Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIRE THE LASERS!

• 11-01-2011 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

This is amazing!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12154117

All through my childhood, I so wanted to be in Star Wars and 'fire Lasers' at the bad guys!

According to this report, I should have just joined the navy!!

Aaaar me Hearties!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Whats wrong with just shooting them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Temporarly blinds people, lame... It should disintegrate them, or at least melt their brains!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

orourkeda wrote: »
    Whats wrong with just shooting them?

Yeah Somalians are just animals.

Archimedes did it!

Another good reason to shoot them. Not that we need one of course.

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »
    Archimedes did it!

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I know!

Next thing them savages will be at, will be trying to ban handshakes or something similary ludicrous......

Oh wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Gucky wrote: »
    This is amazing!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12154117

All through my childhood, I so wanted to be in Star Wars and 'fire Lasers' at the bad guys!

According to this report, I should have just joined the navy!!

Aaaar me Hearties!

Join the Air Force and get to blow sh1t up

more.. here

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭swarm.of.bees

They're just playing into the pirates hands by trying to blind them. How much does a pirates rep go up if he has an eye-patch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

They're just playing into the pirates hands by trying to blind them. How much does a pirates rep go up if he has an eye-patch!!

Nobel Peace Prize for the scientist who develops a laser that blinds them in only one eye & amputates below the knee in one leg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Quite right, my Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1945 was poured with a distinct lack of refinement last time one was let near my table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Won't somebody please think of the pirates!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

its the cargo ships that will have them attached, so as to stop the pirates boarding them. The navy wont need them. They have guns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

I'd just love to say something politically incorrect about the Somali Pirates, but the sensitivities of our moderators in heaven prevent my stating the reality on the High seas, particularly after my previous reference to the esteemed virtuous former leaders of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Seriously, I think the world has got too soft when it is considering the rights of pirates. Somalia became a cesspit of poverty and lawlessness. It should never have been allowed to disintegrate into that condition.

That sounds right wing, extremist, but lets face the unfortunate reality. The pirates only respect the gun and the dollar. There is only one way to confront scum like that. Force. Fast, swift and brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

swarms of women will be out on the boats showing off their bikini area in order to get free laser hair removal! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Now that this is in the media the pirates will soon find out about it and be using eye protection anytime they decide to raid a boat. Therefore the method will prove to be totally ineffective. Well done smarties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

These are 30 years old, although I've not heard of dedicated units on aircraft or commercial ships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzler_(weapon)

Advertisement