Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Address in Ireland made easy

Options
  • 11-01-2011 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I know trying to call all the companies I have bills with or my charities I give money to is a pain in the arse and a friend of mine told me to try www.newaddress.ie. Well it took a few mins but I changed everything motor tax, bank everything. This is my thrid move in 5 years and I am sick of holding I am sure everybody is to, so i hope it helps you as much as it did me.

C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

ace2515 wrote: »
    Hi,

I know trying to call all the companies I have bills with or my charities I give money to is a pain in the arse and a friend of mine told me to try www.newaddress.ie. Well it took a few mins but I changed everything motor tax, bank everything. This is my thrid move in 5 years and I am sick of holding I am sure everybody is to, so i hope it helps you as much as it did me.

C

While I can see the benefit to using your website, filling in that form will take some time and the €10 charge for doing it is a bit steep.

You need to do something with the design though - it looks unfinished.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Incidentally, did you know that An Post will no longer forward mail? They have a service you can pay for too!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wasn't there another service like this that was free to the end user (paid for by the utilities, etc.)? And included things like electricity and gas services?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Lollymcd wrote: »
    Incidentally, did you know that An Post will no longer forward mail? They have a service you can pay for too!

That service is crap. We used it when we moved. Basically they collect all your post and once a week send it to the forwarding service in Killarney who then send it to your new address. Post could be weeks old by the time you got it, also post slipped through the net and went to our old address as well. And it wasn't cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Lollymcd wrote: »

Actually, I think they still have to. The announced they were stopping it but, or at least so I was told, they are legally not allowed to stop the practice but just did not announce that fact.

I might be wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ace2515

An Post charges €120 for their forward mailing service for the year, www.newaddress.ie charges €10 and changed my bank, NTL even my Dunnes club card was done. It took half an hour and I called the company to make sure everything was ok and they told me they recieved all details and would process it asap. Good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

ace2515 wrote: »
    An Post charges €120 for their forward mailing service for the year, www.newaddress.ie charges €10 and changed my bank, NTL even my Dunnes club card was done. It took half an hour and I called the company to make sure everything was ok and they told me they recieved all details and would process it asap. Good service.

Or you could spend 30 mins on the phone and do it yourself and save 10 quid. I've moved about four times in the last 5 years and it's never taken me longer then 20 mins on the phone to move everything [8 mins to do gas, esb, bins, credit card, etc, 12 mins to deal with eircom cus they're a little dim]. Last August moved apartments and did about 90% of it online no issues. And if your going to call the company to check it all went through why not just call the company in the first place to update your info?

I would not feel comfortable giving things like my bank account information to some random website nor would I feel comfortable with my bank allowing some random website to alter any of my personal information. Some things you really should be managing yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ace2515

ztoical wrote: »
    Or you could spend 30 mins on the phone and do it yourself and save 10 quid. I've moved about four times in the last 5 years and it's never taken me longer then 20 mins on the phone to move everything [8 mins to do gas, esb, bins, credit card, etc, 12 mins to deal with eircom cus they're a little dim]. Last August moved apartments and did about 90% of it online no issues. And if your going to call the company to check it all went through why not just call the company in the first place to update your info?

I would not feel comfortable giving things like my bank account information to some random website nor would I feel comfortable with my bank allowing some random website to alter any of my personal information. Some things you really should be managing yourself.

Well you have more patience than I do it seems. Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I think I can safely close this thread.
    Thanks guys.

S.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement