Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Welfare inspector phoned anon

• 11-01-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,
    I was at home today (as I always am as Im partially disabled) and recieved a phone call from a man offering me some work as he said he had been told by someone that I was a handyman and had been given my number by them.I said he must have the wrong number or person but he originally said my first name and then later changed it to a similar name.
    I am on Disability beneftit (I think) and thought this was quite strange so I looked up the number he had phoned from and it turned out to be a local Social Welfare Inspectors office. I feel like phoning back a letting them know what I think of them and inviting them to check on me anytime they want as I am not even fit to work, but dont want to incur their wrath-can someone please tell me if this is normal practice?

Thanks in advance....:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

tj2011 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I was at home today (as I always am as Im partially disabled) and recieved a phone call from a man offering me some work as he said he had been told by someone that I was a handyman and had been given my number by them.I said he must have the wrong number or person but he originally said my first name and then later changed it to a similar name.
    I am on Disability beneftit (I think) and thought this was quite strange so I looked up the number he had phoned from and it turned out to be a local Social Welfare Inspectors office. I feel like phoning back a letting them know what I think of them and inviting them to check on me anytime they want as I am not even fit to work, but dont want to incur their wrath-can someone please tell me if this is normal practice?

Thanks in advance....:mad:
    Purely my opinion, but I can't imagine this is a regular way of checking up on someone. However, having said that, let's just imagine they got an anonymous report from someone to say you were working, they'd have to check it out, and this might be a quick lazy way of ruling it out, rather than going to the hassle of starting a full investigation.

Edit: A further thought, it may not have been the Social Welfare Inspector, just someone else from the office, with a wrong number. It's possible.

Advertisement