Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow pic mix

• 11-01-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would share photos of some of the times it snowed in the past 2/3 years since I got a camera/camera phone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nice pics

I have digital pics going back to 2006 but the older ones are all pics of my house which I'd rather not be posting pics of. We've gotten snow every winter since then but its just amazing how extreme this year has been in comparison to the rest looking at the older pics. I considered a couple of inches as a pretty big event until this winter!

The snow late March was probably the most extreme I'd seen before (got stuck in Barnesmore Gap) but it pales in comparison to the 28cm last month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Indeed Harps, I tried to get the photos that are not of my house etc. :)

The snow in March above was pretty heavy, but as a typical northerly we got it melted in the sunlight, its great to see snow come like last winter and this winter and still be -4 or -5 in the sunlight!

Had a white christmas in 2004 I recall ,that was pretty nice.
    In April 2006 (I think 2006) we had a snowday, no lectures were on in lyit that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah thats the usual problem with snow, it starts to melt as soon as it falls. Last March it snowed heavily for a full day but by the next morning there was only a few inches of slushy snow.

2000 and 1995 are the only other notable events I can remember aside from the past 2 years, I lived on the coast back then so I'd guess only about 4 inches on both occasions but outside of the mountains that the most I'd seen until last month.

2000 was a great event, cant remember the exact date but know it was very close to Christmas. Must dig out some old pics

Yeah it was great, it came on 26th december 2000, unfortunatley I was out of Donegal for that week ,I was in Mayo and we had roughly 7/8 inches in Mayo, which was a lot. It was worse at home in SW Donegal though that time (typical!) with some people saying there was around a foot of snow and the pubs were running low on beer because the trucks couldnt make it to our town :)

1995 and 2000 do stand out, Last month was a notable event too snow wise.

I dont think I got any snow last march Im afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭lolie

was it not 27th of december 2000. nothin near like it since unfortunatly, think theres photo album of it in d house somewhere.

• Advertisement

lolie wrote: »
    was it not 27th of december 2000. nothin near like it since unfortunatly, think theres photo album of it in d house somewhere.
    It was 27th where I was in Mayo and probably most places but the evening of the 26th it came thick and heavy in Donegal, I remember because I was on the phone to home and they said they were covered in snow and I had nothing in Mayo till the following morning :)

Advertisement