Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSP 1001 Problem

• 11-01-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I've a PSP 1001 a few years now, been running without a hitch. Lately though I can't run any newer titles, main offender being God Of War Ghost Of Sparta and a few other recent releases. I figured it was a firmware issue but looking at the specs it appears to be running 3.80 M33-5 which is ok yes? If this is not the issue would anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be? I can sort out downgrading if that is all it is.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

niallon wrote: »
    Hi all
    I've a PSP 1001 a few years now, been running without a hitch. Lately though I can't run any newer titles, main offender being God Of War Ghost Of Sparta and a few other recent releases. I figured it was a firmware issue but looking at the specs it appears to be running 3.80 M33-5 which is ok yes? If this is not the issue would anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be? I can sort out downgrading if that is all it is.
    Cheers

Dirty/bad laser? PSP's are not immune to laser diodes issues which affect other consoles similarly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

EnterNow wrote: »
    Dirty/bad laser? PSP's are not immune to laser diodes issues which affect other consoles similarly.
    well if he,s on m33 firmware im sure he,s prob playing his game,s from mem card but i could be wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

massy086 wrote: »
    well if he,s on m33 firmware im sure he,s prob playing his game,s from mem card but i could be wrong :D

Correct Ted! Been through as many copies of games as possible and still no joy. Pretty sure it's only a downgrade issue but just wanted to make sure there isn't something else I'm missing!

massy086 wrote: »

Just confirming my suspicions is all ;)
    Correct Ted! Been through as many copies of games as possible and still no joy. Pretty sure it's only a downgrade issue but just wanted to make sure there isn't something else I'm missing!

We can't advise you on the use of pirated/backed up/copied games. Even if you own the games, in order to run them from memory card you would have had to either dump them or download a copy (both illegal).

From the charter:
    DO NOT POST ANYTHING IN RELATION TO BACKING UP/RIPPING GAMES. THIS INCLUDES WHERE/HOW OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO DOWNLOADING GAMES
    DO NOT LINK TO SITES THAT HAVE INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE.
    DO NOT DISCUSS HOW TO RUN PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE ILLEGALLY - THIS INCLUDES LOADERS/FLASH CARDS/MODIFIED CODE ETC

Just confirming my suspicions is all ;)

We can't advise you on the use of pirated/backed up/copied games. Even if you own the games, in order to run them from memory card you would have had to either dump them or download a copy (both illegal).

From the charter:

Absolutely understood EnterNow, just wondering, don't think it's breaching the charter, with regards to running CFW, is there anything else that can theoretically be set wrong within the machine that would prevent me from utilising any of its benefits?

Again, if this is in breach of the charter I apologise and feel free to do away with the thread!

• Advertisement

Absolutely understood EnterNow, just wondering, don't think it's breaching the charter, with regards to running CFW, is there anything else that can theoretically be set wrong within the machine that would prevent me from utilising any of its benefits?

Again, if this is in breach of the charter I apologise and feel free to do away with the thread!

CFW in my opinion isn't the issue, it's how you got them games onto the memory card, therefore bypassing the copy protection that breaches our rules here. Well that's not entirely accurate, what you do with your own console is entirely your business & none of ours. What I'm tasked with though, is upholding the charter, and that means I can't permit discussion/assistance with pirating games. I know the word pirating is harsh in this case, but any game that's illegally dumped/downloaded is technically that.

No worries EnterNow, I'll knock heads with a few people a bit more clued in on this than me and see if I can come up with something. Cheers for the help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

An update does wonders. Nevermind any games but 3.80 M33 is quite old now. Get a 6.00 GEN CFW or something newer if even only for the added OFW features.

An update does wonders. Nevermind any games but 3.80 M33 is quite old now. Get a 6.00 GEN CFW or something newer if even only for the added OFW features.

Great example of how to answer a question without breaking any rules, had the initial question been asked in such a way it wouldn't have violated the charter.

Great example of how to answer a question without breaking any rules, had the initial question been asked in such a way it wouldn't have violated the charter.

That's the kind of phrasing I was looking for, just hadn't a clue how to go about it! Thanks all for the assistance!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

As said above, upgrade to newest CFW.

Upgraded and have a huge improvement in the new CFW, thanks all for the help!

Advertisement