Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jem - Ireland's Finest Pearl Jam Tribute playing this month!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Why never Dublin?

I love Pearl Jam, but have only got to see them once ever.

I've never seen the tribute band, but from the posted videos, they look top notch in a tight venue.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

They do an awesome job alright!

From what I can gather, they never got a good turnout in Dublin for whatever reason. They would fill venues in Belfast, Cork, Dundalk etc but not in the capital. I'll keep nagging at them to do so though as it's been a while since they've made it this way!

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Yeah please come to Dublin, I was there at the temple bar music centre gig a few years ago. Bloody brilliant!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Amazing band so they are :) Have been to them all over the country over the last few years and been worth every trip.
    Have the hotel booked for the cork gig but raging i wont make belfast :(
    Heres a video i took in Dundalk last year, what a voice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp2vtjTfiP8

Thanks for posting here as well as the 10c forum Jen, Belfast is always a rocker and I seriously can't wait til 8.30 Saturday night!

We've played alot of gigs in Dublin but not in a long time. The problem is as Jen said the turnout wasn't exactly overwhelming at the gigs. To play places like the TBMC (as it was called last time we played it) and the Academy and Crawdaddy a band needs to get at least 100 people in to cover the costs of renting such venues and promoting the gig. If anyone in Dublin knows of a decent venue (about 200 capacity) with a hefty stage and a reasonable rental cost feel free to post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Tbh honest I'd check them out if they played in Dublin... hard to find decent cover bands round these parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Bollocks, I missed them in Cork again. Need to check here a bit more often it seems :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

went to see these in temple bar years ago...quality band...hope they play Dublin or Drogheda soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Bit of an update of this summers tour :)

223763_10150260844523877_239070523876_7877414_1481431_n.jpg

Fair play, Niall^^^!
    Yeah we're doing The Spring and Airbrake this Saturday night in Belfast, and the Academy 2 in Dublin on Sunday at 8pm sharp. Along with a rendition of 'Ten' we'll play a full set comprised of tunes from 'Vs' to 'Backspacer' via 'Lost Dogs', sure it'll be a bit of craic if nothing else. Tickets are available at on TM or at the door, 12.50.

Also we hope to turn Radio Nova into a Pearl Jam emporium for 20 minutes or so on Friday evening at 6pm, we'll be playing a few tunes and talking Pearl Jam ****e, it'll be great!

• Advertisement
Advertisement