Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets - Carlow

Options
  • 11-01-2011 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Just wondering where abouts in Carlow is the new Eddie Rockets going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

retail units 6 and 7 in shamrock plaza, where the new Bank of Ireland is

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

Just what Carlow needs, another outfit selling chips. This will be probably classed as fine dining in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

eddie rockets and fast eddies - the eddie battle will soon commence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Road House is a poor mans Eddie Rockets,

but nicer! (well...with most of their food, the milkshakes and stuff aren't great in RH)

As for the battle of the Eddies, fast Eddies will always win it for me.

I dont actually like Eddie Rockets that much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

maccored wrote: »
    eddie rockets and fast eddies - the eddie battle will soon commence

Fast Eddies and its not even close imo. I really don't like Eddie Rockets at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

again another vote for fast eddies :D:D:D

At least it is good to see some business opening in the town and bringing employment around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

tommycahir wrote: »
    again another vote for fast eddies :D:D:D

At least it is good to see some business opening in the town and bringing employment around the area.

Another one for fast eddie, he does a good milk shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Eddie Rocket's malts.....yummy!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Eddie Rockets = Empty your pockets :) I have to say it is nice food if its cooked properly- But definatly overpriced,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Its expensive but their burgers are second to none.

Will do quite well I reckon but could have done with being a bit closer to the cinema.

Eddie Rockets vs Fast Eddies? .... ER wins hands down.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

I know eddie rockets is in the potato market but where is fast eddies

also wont the prices be higher for Eddie rockets?

also i know Quigleys is there at the corner and i know bank is so where exactly??

tonyheaney wrote: »
    I know eddie rockets is in the potato market but where is fast eddies

also wont the prices be higher for Eddie rockets?

also i know Quigleys is there at the corner and i know bank is so where exactly??

The Road House is in the Potato Market, Fast Eddies is on the Staplestown Road beside Culleton Insurance http://bit.ly/gc4Q5a

Dunno why the Staplestown Rd is not on Street View

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rozzlewis

the new ER is going to be in Court Place, beside Bank of Ireland, at top of Tullow street. i love it and am very excited!Have lived in CArlow for last 9 years but never heard of Fast Eddies:)

almighty1 wrote: »
    Eddie Rockets vs Fast Eddies? .... ER wins hands down.:rolleyes:

I like the personal touch from Fast Eddie, always asks hows the family. Never get that from Eddie Rocket (if thats even his real name)

Any ideas when Eddie Rockets is opening? Just says opening soon on the windows.

belle_09 wrote: »
    Any ideas when Eddie Rockets is opening? Just says opening soon on the windows.

which window need exact idea plz

which window need exact idea plz
    Exact idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

rozzlewis wrote: »
    the new ER is going to be in Court Place, beside Bank of Ireland, at top of Tullow street. i love it and am very excited!Have lived in CArlow for last 9 years but never heard of Fast Eddies:)

nine years in carlow and you dont know that is shamrock square not court place.

belle_09 wrote: »
    Exact idea??

like where exactly is it ment to go

Just around the corner from the Bank. Beside Quigleys I think or very close to it anyway. I just saw it when I was passing in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

Right hand windows currently have the Eddie Rockets logo etc.

143405.jpeg

My one query there is on parking?

Is the underground car park there open yet and if not where will people be expected to park?

Is the underground car park there open yet and if not where will people be expected to park?

I'm not sure but i thought the underground carpark was just for the residents in the apartments.

Na that's now quigleys coffee shop

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

no, he is right. Its right beside quigleys, and the underground carpark is actually for business customers of boi, and tenants of the building afaik.

tombull82 wrote: »
    the underground carpark is actually for business customers of boi, and tenants of the building afaik.

That worries me as it is hard enough get parking for fast eddies as it is never mind if people start using the area for eddie rockets..

That worries me as it is hard enough get parking for fast eddies as it is never mind if people start using the area for eddie rockets..

no there is free parking there at the back.. you drive in at the firestaton side of the building. its free I used it tons for the bank

All lies, it costs like 5 euro every ten minutes for parking

sharky86 wrote: »
    no there is free parking there at the back.. you drive in at the firestaton side of the building. its free I used it tons for the bank

shhhhhhhhh your not meant to tell everyone now every one will use it

shhhhhhhhh your not meant to tell everyone now every one will use it

Fixed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

There is planning permission for a carpark to the firestation side of Shamrock plaza. It was delayed due to objections to An Bord Pleanala so no idea when it might even start being constructed.
    Car park

In the Pleanala report for the change of use from Bookmaker to Restaurant the lack of parking was 'addressed'

Eddies
    HSE
    As noted above the appeal site is located within the commercial core of the town centre. The appellant claims that the proposed change of use would, due to the lack of car parking provision, give rise to traffic hazard. I note that this very issue was raised by appellant’s in a recently decided appeal (appeal ref. 235669) by the Board within the same building as the current appeal site. This appeal related to a change of use from office to primary care health centre at second floor level of the Shamrock Plaza and it was argued by the appellant’s that the proposal provided inadequate parking provision which includes underground parking provision. In this instance the Board considered that having regard to the permitted development on the site that additional car parking was not required as parking provision has been assessed and permitted under previous planning applications on the site. I would consider the same consideration would be relevant to the current appeal. I note from the Carlow Town Development Plan, 2009 – 2015, that the required parking provision for a restaurant, café is 1 space per 20m2 gross floor area and this is the same requirement for retail which was the original permitted use in units 6 & 7 (which was later changed to bookmakers under L.A. Ref. 08/6067). Therefore I would not consider that the proposed change of use would adversely impact on car parking or congestion in the area.

I would consider that as the proposed change of use is for a restaurant and takeaway use that the time for greatest car parking demand would arise after 6pm and would not conflict with the immediate existing uses which include other ground floor uses such as a bank and pharmacy. Therefore I would not consider that car parking for the proposed use would have a significant impact on the immediate area given that the other uses in the area are generally day-time uses.

So i guess they think that it would only be used after 6PM and the spaces outside at the front, on the streets or superquinn would be enough.

also this gem from the appeal about the HSE health centre...
    The Board should also note, this is a prime urban site, and there are a variety of parking options available to staff and patrons in the vicinity of the site. There is public pay and display parking along the street network and two supermarkets which are within a five minute walk of the site. In addition, the existing basement carpark on the site is currently under-utilised.

I can find no sound planning or technical basis to refuse the proposed change of use on matters relating to parking or traffic.

The underground is only for staff or residents and when the HSE go in some will lose the spaces they have and be moved to spaces in superquinn. The spaces behind are for the bank so you won't be able to get in out-of-hours.

Parking for that building is a problem now and the HSE, who would probably require the most spaces for visitors, haven't even opened yet.

kevin

Advertisement