Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets - Carlow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaycarlow

I hear Nevins have put a stop to all work in the building

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭royalcarlowgc

If you ask me whoever is taking out this franchise is a brave man. For something like Eddie Rockets to work in Carlow it would have to go into the units beside the cinema or even where Byrnes was in Fairgreen.
    I might be proved wrong but without adequate parking I can't see it working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

if the government wants SP to work it may just wave all paper work but guys look across the road that eye sore that didnt quite make it to burning down <snip> KNOCK THAT DOWN make a car park there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

tonyheaney wrote: »
    if the government wants SP to work it may just wave all paper work but guys look across the road that eye sore that didnt quite make it to burning down <snip> KNOCK THAT DOWN make a car park there

that's painful to read but I agree the burned down building should be either restored or knocked. It wouldn't give you much parking though.

Maybe Eddies can come to some arrangement with SuperValue/L&N carpark owners.

nagero wrote: »
    that's painful to read but I agree the burned down building should be either restored or knocked. It wouldn't give you much parking though.

Maybe Eddies can come to some arrangement with SuperValue/L&N carpark owners.

don't forget the new car park just installed near the fire station, then there's tescos and superquinn and old super value too, also the council have been actively taking away or reclaiming some of the over sized footpaths and making them parking spaces too.

as for the eye sore across the road knock that down and the building behind that and behind that is a disused plot of land and you got a pretty good parking spot 60 to 100 cars id expect

also the parking area in front of abracadabra runs all the way up to the S Plaza. if your really stuck there's the train station and also st pats if your stay is less then an hour (just dont tell them that)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

shamrock plaza is really in a terrible place really. also it sticks out like a sore thumb... ugly building that doesnt fit in with the local area.

yes that burnt out building across the road needs to be knocked and something useful put in it's place.

shamrock plaza is really in a terrible place really. also it sticks out like a sore thumb... ugly building that doesnt fit in with the local area.

yes that burnt out building across the road needs to be knocked and something useful put in it's place.

you know what hey should do is use that burnt out wreck to rebuild something similar just make it match as the SP does stand out like a sore thumb

also the design of the SP points away from the main town almost in a snobby way like its trying to say "i dont need you"

any one else feel like that

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

don't forget the new car park just installed near the fire station, then there's tescos and superquinn and old super value too, also the council have been actively taking away or reclaiming some of the over sized footpaths and making them parking spaces too.

as for the eye sore across the road knock that down and the building behind that and behind that is a disused plot of land and you got a pretty good parking spot 60 to 100 cars id expect

also the parking area in front of abracadabra runs all the way up to the S Plaza. if your really stuck there's the train station and also st pats if your stay is less then an hour (just dont tell them that)

You would want to be pretty hungry to park in Tescos and walk to Shamrock square for a burger - it won't help them to get people off the street.

The days of parking anywhere free in carlow seem to be over though - right pain for those of us who have to pay to park all day to go to work - yet another tax I can't afford at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

also the design of the SP points away from the main town almost in a snobby way like its trying to say "i dont need you"

any one else feel like that

Im sorry that is the stupidest thing i have read in my entire life.
    The building is in the middle of Carlow town, wtf are you on about?

it does not and that is not the centre of town it is in fact considered the end of the town centre edge and if you ever bothers to look at the town plans you would know that tullow street is the centre and in the next year or two penny's area is being re zoned to become the central hub of Carlow town

get off your high horse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

If you ask me whoever is taking out this franchise is a brave man. For something like Eddie Rockets to work in Carlow it would have to go into the units beside the cinema or even where Byrnes was in Fairgreen.
    I might be proved wrong but without adequate parking I can't see it working.

or even on tullow street in the old boscos or crottys, it would benefit from the footfall there and also bring even more footfall for the other businesses on the street, plus the parking issue wouldnt be much of a problem with haddens car park a minute away, any other eddie rockets i've been in is nearly always on the main street of city or town with little or no parking nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

same people that own the one in kilkenny...... brave move for where there going... less traffic passing that way now and also feck all parking

lotdpd wrote: »
    same people that own the one in kilkenny...... brave move for where there going... less traffic passing that way now and also feck all parking

THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING THERE IS NOTHING THERE PERHAPS THEY'RE TRYING TO CREATE A NEW CENTER OF THE TOWN BUT ITS JUST TOO FAR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING THERE IS NOTHING THERE PERHAPS THEY'RE TRYING TO CREATE A NEW CENTER OF THE TOWN BUT ITS JUST TOO FAR

Stop shouting please!

testicle wrote: »
    Stop shouting please!

LOL sorrryyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

is eddie rockets in carlow or not. meantto be heading to carlow in half an hour and was gonna call in there if it is

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Not open yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

thanks belle, i wasnt sure if it was or wasnt there so thought it best to just ask straight out

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrMcLegend

imagine the amount of people that applied for a job there??

im not sure i would work there eddies is a place id visit with my kids and wife as a treat and thats once/twice a month if were lucky, by workin there it would ruin the feel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LupinFace

My ex shall be working there,
    Awkwardness will most likely ensue :P
    That's if I ever have two pennies to rub together.

is your ex black or Asian?? I only asked coz they held interviews today (i can only assume they were interviews) and there seemed to be no Irish or westerners.

my wife is Asian btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LupinFace

He's Arizonian with Mexican roots.
    I'm pretty sure he could pass for an Asian any day though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Walked by it this evening on my way to the BoI ATM, it looked open for business, all lit up and with people seated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Walked by it this evening on my way to the BoI ATM, it looked open for business, all lit up and with people seated.

That'd be a good sign alright.

I understand it opened at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 noddyname

Went in on Sunday for a treat - have to say, the food was great (especially the chocolate milkshake!) and the staff were all lovely. They have some really good deals too, the Red Basket deals start from about €6.50. While I won't be in every week its great to have for an occasional treat.

Ya it opened saturday

Ok guys and gals you have all been networking here for a while now (11-01-2011, 21:57) and it has finally arrived open for business.

what do you all think of it? does it hold up to your expectations??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Embojitsu

I'm really pleased to see a vegetarian salad on the menu, the apple and walnut and blue cheese one. As a veggie, it's nice to see something I can have when I go in, instead of having to turn away as I do in so many places. Looking forward to a malted milkshake too, yum.

• Advertisement

OK so I went in today with my wife and little girl and ordered a meal for us the €10 meal deal thing, and the 2 mini burger things with fries for €4.

we were not too impressed as we waited 35 minutes for our meals to arrive at our table, people who had arrived before us got their meals and with in 10 minutes.

When our meals did arrived there was parts of the meal missing and not many fries, they really really reallllly skimped on the fries.

I did get a discount and had our drinks comped but still it would have been nice to get meals that looked like they weren't anorexic and on time. will give them one more chance before the month is over as this place will only be a "now and again meal" but i dont think ill by-cot the American Diner anytime soon.

Advertisement