Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets - Carlow

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kilkea

I had a similar experience last weekend. Waiting 30 mins for food while other tables were served around us. Had to ask them to check on it and then was brought the wrong food twice. Had to get up and go up to the counter to make them do something about it. Granted they gave us free desserts to apologise so at least they are trying to provide some customer service.
    I'd like to see every business in Carlow do well, so hopefully they are just having some teething problems. I'll give them another shot in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

kilkea wrote: »
    I had a similar experience last weekend. Waiting 30 mins for food while other tables were served around us. Had to ask them to check on it and then was brought the wrong food twice. Had to get up and go up to the counter to make them do something about it. Granted they gave us free desserts to apologise so at least they are trying to provide some customer service.
    I'd like to see every business in Carlow do well, so hopefully they are just having some teething problems. I'll give them another shot in a few weeks.

My words exactly when i have a bit of extra cash ill give them one more try and then if its the same i will have a chat with the manager and then if she doesnt do any thing i may bycot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I went today. Waited about 5 mins for a table for 4 as the place was fairly packed, so was fearful that the wait for food was going to be a long wait.
    Ordered 2 Burgers and 2 Fries with 1 BC Sauce (Adult Portions), 1 Hot Dog and Fries (Child) and 1 2 mini burgers and fries (Child). Added to this was 2 adult Malts and 2 Child size Shakes.

The service was actually very good, as busy as they where the waitress even took the time to sit down beside my daughter coax her to place her own order. She was a very pleasant girl.

The food arrived in around 10 mins and the taste was good. No issue's there (same as Eddie Rockets anywhere really)

The best part.

Total price only came to 29euro.

Thumbs up for me so.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tombull82 wrote: »
    I went today. Waited about 5 mins for a table for 4 as the place was fairly packed, so was fearful that the wait for food was going to be a long wait.
    Ordered 2 Burgers and 2 Fries with 1 BC Sauce (Adult Portions), 1 Hot Dog and Fries (Child) and 1 2 mini burgers and fries (Child). Added to this was 2 adult Malts and 2 Child size Shakes.

The service was actually very good, as busy as they where the waitress even took the time to sit down beside my daughter coax her to place her own order. She was a very pleasant girl.

The food arrived in around 10 mins and the taste was good. No issue's there (same as Eddie Rockets anywhere really)

The best part.

Total price only came to 29euro.

Thumbs up for me so.. :)
    There must be some start up offers running as the normal price for what you got should be over €40.

http://www.eddierockets.ie/menu/diner-menu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Been twice - at quiet times as I hate crowds. Went last Wednesday for tea.

On the menu there is an offer for 2 adults & 2 kids meals for 25 euro which is really reasonable - drink, fries & burger x 2 for adults & 2 x kids meals. I got the strawberry milkshake which made it 2 euro more expensive. All in 27 euro for the four of us which is a good price.

Food was excellent, and it came quickly. I like they immediately give the kids the colouring paper & pencils. We were all playing with them while waiting for the meal :rolleyes:;) Don't ask which ones of us were the bigger children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

foggy_lad wrote: »
    There must be some start up offers running as the normal price for what you got should be over €40.

http://www.eddierockets.ie/menu/diner-menu/

Yeah looks like it was probably the deal Queen got below.
    I got malts so that probably makes up the difference.

ok guys what are your opinions on the Eddie rockets vs American diner??

whose better cost, quality, service ect ect

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Embojitsu

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Been twice - at quiet times as I hate crowds. Went last Wednesday for tea.

On the menu there is an offer for 2 adults & 2 kids meals for 25 euro which is really reasonable - drink, fries & burger x 2 for adults & 2 x kids meals. I got the strawberry milkshake which made it 2 euro more expensive. All in 27 euro for the four of us which is a good price.

Food was excellent, and it came quickly. I like they immediately give the kids the colouring paper & pencils. We were all playing with them while waiting for the meal :rolleyes:;) Don't ask which ones of us were the bigger children.
    I went in there yesterday and I was really impressed. The staff were attentive without being obsequious, it was immaculately clean, the jukebox works and there was more choice for vegetarians than I thought there might be. I didn't realise how much I had missed a proper malted milkshake until yesterday. I'll be going again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They get my vote purely for the malts, there used to be an American diner place on the corner of fleet street and westmoreland street in Dublin where I got hooked on vanilla malts years ago while waiting on many a nitelink:D

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

tonyheaney wrote: »
    ok guys what are your opinions on the Eddie rockets vs American diner??

whose better cost, quality, service ect ect

Ediie rockets for better tasting food , but in smaller portions and more expensive.
    American diner for fast service , bigger / cheaper portions , but the food can be a bit bland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mark_loans

wat a novelty & over-expensive type place....waste of money going in there

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Brought 7 kids (12 year olds) in today for a party and two adults, all had kids meals or red basket offers and oreo milkshakes, we were going to order desserts but the waitress volunteered that the kids might not be hungry after the free icecream birthday cake. She was right, they weren't, they didn't even finish the icecream. Total bill 65 euro. Was expecting a lot worse, kids all happy, adults happy and they got free invisible writing pens leaving. Particularly liked how they sang happy birthday and the red cheeks that went with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Brought 7 kids (12 year olds) in today for a party and two adults, all had kids meals or red basket offers and oreo milkshakes, we were going to order desserts but the waitress volunteered that the kids might not be hungry after the free icecream birthday cake. She was right, they weren't, they didn't even finish the icecream. Total bill 65 euro. Was expecting a lot worse, kids all happy, adults happy and they got free invisible writing pens leaving. Particularly liked how they sang happy birthday and the red cheeks that went with it! :)

The free invisible writing pens are brilliant. My young lad loves it... It is a great little toy. The prices are a bit strange - the deals are really good. It is cheaper for us to bring the kids with us for food than for us to go ourselves for food :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Popped in two weeks ago, very busy, food arrived really quickly surprisingly. All other Eddies I have been too have required a wait for food, a wait always equal to the time taken to drink your malt milkshake! Gets me every time!

Popped in two weeks ago, very busy, food arrived really quickly surprisingly. All other Eddies I have been too have required a wait for food, a wait always equal to the time taken to drink your malt milkshake! Gets me every time!

hahahahahah i was just saying that to my wife today it seems they give the malt first to you so you might buy another one lol

me my wife and my daughter (she is 3 in 2 weeks) had 2 burgers and topped them up 3 euro each with fries and a coke and a fanta.

it was good and only came to 24.50 but next time i will know i only need one top up as we still have 2 half glasses of pop and a bowl of fries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

First time in there last night. Food delicious and good service. Cant ask for much more. Probably one the best Eddie Rockets Ive been in around the country.

Advertisement