Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham -v- Manchester United 16th Jan 16:10 (match thread)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

SuprSi wrote: »
    Crouch starting is interesting and doesn't fill me with confidence as we'll most likely try to hit his head for a VDV lay-off, but with Vidic back there we'll struggle to get the ball properly to him.

Super Pav required for 2nd half!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody any decent links.
    Mine are prity crap so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Glebee wrote: »

here ya go M8

It may take a min or so to load

http://www.everythingon.tv/channel/view/sky-sports-1-1

:pac: COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

www.atdhe.net

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Cheers, nice link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Cheers, nice link

Try This also

http://eplsite.com/stream1.html

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Didnt see the whole match, had a game of my own today but from what I gather we were unlucky not to get all 3 points. Heard we should have had a peno as well?? A point from United isn't the worst result, but considering our ambitions I'm not exactly happy. Anyways, at least referee decisions didn't ruin this game. Heard Modric had a stormer, fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Modric was unreal today thought we deserved 3 points we dominated throughout today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Didnt create enough to win. Crouch was awful, beyond awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Modric was unbelievable, what a player we have. We are 1 world class striker away from being world beaters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Disappointed we didn't win.
    Just think Hudd would have buried one of those chances from the edge of the box!
    VDV was very unlucky.
    Great effort from the lads.
    Modric was class and the clean sheet is encouraging.
    We are 5pts behind City with our game in hand.
    Looks like Champ League place will be a fight with Chelsea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Modric was unreal today thought we deserved 3 points we dominated throughout today.

Fantastic performance by Modric but we got what we deserved. a point. Never seriously troubled Van der Sar. The striker situation will need to be sorted asap if we want to get top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Crouch was simply out of his league by a great distance.

Great performance and nice that we made united look poor. I think on another day with a top striker we could have made them look foolish.

2 points dropped but I'm happy with the Clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good Performance but a point was fair as we didn't create enough to warrant winning. We got in plenty of good positions in the final third, but we lacked the killer touch to break them down.

Modric was excellent, as was Vidic for them.

If we had a top centre forward, we'd be such a better side.

We are fighting for 4th spot now in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

THFC wrote: »
    Didnt see the whole match, had a game of my own today but from what I gather we were unlucky not to get all 3 points. Heard we should have had a peno as well?? A point from United isn't the worst result, but considering our ambitions I'm not exactly happy. Anyways, at least referee decisions didn't ruin this game. Heard Modric had a stormer, fair play to him.

Just saw the highlights there now - there was one blatant shirt-pull that should have been a peno alright.

Tight game with a few chances at both ends that were a whisker away from being goals.

Pity about the peno because it skews the "pretty fair result" conclusion that would apply otherwise.

THFC wrote: »
    Heard we should have had a peno as well??
    Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Just saw the highlights there now - there was one blatant shirt-pull that should have been a peno alright.
    Pity about the peno because it skews the "pretty fair result" conclusion that would apply otherwise.

Ah lads, come on, if Dawson had a little tug on Rooney or Berba's shirt like that we would be going mad with the ref.
    It would have been a very very soft penalty, it happens at every corner in every game in the prem. If refs were to award them there would be ten pens a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Fair result I suppose in the end,Modric was excellent again and our defence coped very well I must say esp Ekotto who had a fine game.
    Wilsons long rang shooting was something to behold (not)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭yiddo59

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Ah lads, come on, if Dawson had a little tug on Rooney or Berba's shirt like that we would be going mad with the ref.
    It would have been a very very soft penalty, it happens at every corner in every game in the prem. If refs were to award them there would be ten pens a game!

I take your point but rather than being a soft penalty it would be an unusual penalty in that they are never given. Also if refs awarded them once or twice the shirt pulling would soon stop.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    I take your point but rather than being a soft penalty it would be an unusual penalty in that they are never given. Also if refs awarded them once or twice the shirt pulling would soon stop.

Maybe, but look at how many players this season that have dived in, two feet off the ground and studs showing, everyone knows its goin to be a red but it still happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I agree with Yiddo - the refs need to take a firm stance on shirt pulling and start giving penalties for the offence. If Vidic concedes a couple of penalties for tugging someone's jersey, he'll stop doing it. It's the same for all defenders. Kaboul did the same thing on Nani when we played in OT and should've really conceded a penalty. Those offences outside the box will result in a free kick but for some reason they're hardly ever awarded inside the box.

As for the game, while I'm disappointed not to have won it, I'm happy enough with a point. Bale looked knackered after 70 minutes so couldn't exploit the extra man, and we were short of ideas. Palacios needs to be told to never shoot on goal again. Utd's defence was very impressive, though I thought starting Crouch was a bad idea as any high balls were cleaned up by Vidic. He also should've finished that opportunity in the first half.

The important thing is that we're now 14 games with only 1 loss, which is a very impressive stat. 5 of our next 6 games are away though so this is going to be a difficult part of our season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

SuprSi wrote: »
    5 of our next 6 games are away though so this is going to be a difficult part of our season.

Bigtime, the next few games will tell us whether we have a chance of 4th again or not !

Advertisement