Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carling Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg IPSWICH TOWN v ARSENAL 19:45 sky sports

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

We were absolutely disgraceful, and after that pathetic draw with Leeds I'd be delighted if a load of the players were fined two weeks pay for not giving a flying fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'd rather that that the constant giant gap behind our defence which cost us a goal.

Pathetic performance.

Yeah but when they're playing 10 men behind the ball the full backs at least need to be involved in the attack to try break through them. Absolutely terrible performance from arsenal though, lucky there are two legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Really feel for the travelling Gooners tonight

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'd rather that that the constant giant gap behind our defence which cost us a goal.

Pathetic performance.
    You can't exert any pressure if you leave a massive gap between defence and midfield.

Agree with the second part. Extremely unprofessional from the players (and manager).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    lol.

I think is the same united fan trying to antagonize after the Wigan draw..Standard. It was good enough for ye when ye wanted a trophy and for the record I would hardly think we are out of the tie oh and I'd take it easy till the end of the season mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

You boys were lucky not to lose by more tonight lads, not impressed by Arsenal at al tonight, but by only losing by a narrow scoreline as such, while played awfully, this will work in your advantage at home in the second leg. Can't see Arsenal not winning the tie, and you'll definitely have no problem kicking them about in the Emirates. I can imagine a 4-0/4-1 next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Should of played the reserves:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Should of played the reserves:(
    I'd argue that was the problem with some of them. The likes of Arshavin, Bendtner, Denilson should be in the reserves at the moment with the current form they are in.

The attitude stank, simple as that. We should be beating them regardless of team selection but if you aren't up for it, you will not get the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I know that's the way we play. And fair enough you can't press if your defenders aren't high up.

But considering Ipswichs one and only tactic was to pump the ball over the top Wenger should have made an adjustment, even another 5-7 yards out and Woj standing slightly outside his box would have remedied it instead of constantly putting ourselves in danger by balls over the top.

I really hope Wenger gives the players a right bollocking, there was not one ounce of fight in that team tonight, absolutely pathetic and Ipswich absolutely deserved their win.

A wiff of them cheating their own fans too. If they had put that much effort in during most championship games they play, they would not be near the relegation zone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Yeah, but i'd say their last manager was a bit of a pr!ck to play for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

KeithAFC wrote: »
    A wiff of them cheating their own fans too. If they had put that much effort in during most championship games they play, they would not be near the relegation zone.

If I played for Roy Keane I'd do everything within my power to get him sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Two guilt edged chances for Cesc and he wasted them both. Bad night for him.

Missing Nasri alot in that side.

Walcott is still playing decent. He still doesn't always make the right decisions but he looks a constant threat.

I'm done with Arshavin and Denilson.

For me, Squillaci > Kos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

How did Wickham play seems all the big clubs want him but he hasn't actually scored that many goals at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If I played for Roy Keane I'd do everything within my power to get him sacked.
    You would never have gotten a start at any club with that attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

eagle eye wrote: »
    You would never have gotten a start at any club with that attitude.

Think my complete lack of ability or talent was really the thing that put a stop to my football career before it even started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

How did Wickham play seems all the big clubs want him but he hasn't actually scored that many goals at all?

Hard worker but yet another overhyped English player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I think is the same united fan trying to antagonize after the Wigan draw..Standard. It was good enough for ye when ye wanted a trophy and for the record I would hardly think we are out of the tie oh and I'd take it easy till the end of the season mate

You obviously didn't read my second post in here did You?

Learn to read before mouthing off, might spare you feeling like an idiot the next time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Think my complete lack of ability or talent was really the thing that put a stop to my football career before it even started.

It didnt stop Paul McShane, and he had his best years under Roy Keane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Decuc500

KeithAFC wrote: »

Ipswich have put in some good performances like that this season, see the previous round against West Brom. What they didn't have under Keane was consistency in the league. Hopefully Jewell will give them that.

As an Ipswich fan that performance and result last night was superb. I normally don't comment on fans but the arrogance here before the match from people saying it would be a stroll for Arsenal was unreal. It was obvious Ipswich would be playing to impress the new manager last night and Arsenal not turning up made it a close game. Arsenal might still progress to the final but maybe their fans might be a bit more humble about it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Ipswich have put in some good performances like that this season, see the previous round against West Brom. What they didn't have under Keane was consistency in the league. Hopefully Jewell will give them that.

As an Ipswich fan that performance and result last night was superb. I normally don't comment on fans but the arrogance here before the match from people saying it would be a stroll for Arsenal was unreal. It was obvious Ipswich would be playing to impress the new manager last night and Arsenal not turning up made it a close game. Arsenal might still progress to the final but maybe their fans might be a bit more humble about it???

That was mainly fans from other clubs. I wasn't overly confident after the Leeds game, even if we started with a slightly stronger team. I do feel that if we play our first team in the Emirates, which we really should, that we'll have too much for Ipswich. If we don't, then it really could be another cagey affair and I wouldn't be too surprised to see The Tractor Boys on the way to Wembley.

Shock horror.. Arsenal fans expecting to hammer Ipswich town..

You would expect Arsenal beat Ipswich Town. Simple as that.

Performed way below our level. While Ipswich played well above themselves. I stand by what i said. They are mugging their own fans right off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The big question is will it be 4-0, 5-0 or 6-0 in the return leg...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Decuc500

If Jewell plays an attacking lineup, who knows? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If Jewell plays an attacking lineup, who knows? :D

Please God, let it be so :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

9-0-1 did suck the life out of the game.

As Jeff Stelling said "Ipswich parked the tractor and the trailer"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

DH2K9 wrote: »
    As Jeff Stelling said "Ipswich parked the tractor and the trailer"
    No they didn't Man City done that against us. Ipswich actually played a bit and restricted us playing. Saying that they parked the tractor and the trailer is suggesting that it was 90 minutes of Arsenal attack after attack whilst Ipswich done nothing but defend.

Give credit where its due. Ipswich played a solid defensive game, and played a lot higher and got justifiable reward than the likes of Man City the previous week.

Saying that they parked the tractor and the trailer does nothiing only justify to the faultering Arsenal players why they didn't win. They don't deserve that get out of jail card and Ipswich don't deserve to that their success belittled.

Domo-kun wrote: »
    No they didn't Man City done that against us. Ipswich actually played a bit and restricted us playing. Saying that they parked the tractor and the trailer is suggesting that it was 90 minutes of Arsenal attack after attack whilst Ipswich done nothing but defend.

Give credit where its due. Ipswich played a solid defensive game, and played a lot higher and got justifiable reward than the likes of Man City the previous week.

Saying that they parked the tractor and the trailer does nothiing only justify to the faultering Arsenal players why they didn't win. They don't deserve that get out of jail card and Ipswich don't deserve to that their success belittled.

Jeff's words at half time, not mine. Arsenal were poor, no excuses.

Advertisement