Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good online GPS resources

Options
  • 11-01-2011 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Finally biting the bullet and going for a hillwalking suitable GPS. I'm just wondering what site (in addition to this one of course) is a good resource for reviews and information on GPS in general.

Cheers!
    R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Cheers Coylemj,

Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭maddladd

Hi all,
    I bought a nokia 5230 recently which has built in gps and ovi maps contained. I find ovi maps better than my garmin only downside is that it goes online to find addresses, places, i.e hotels, sites of interest etc. so it costs to look up somewhere, other than that it is excellent. Also i installed viewranger onto it which can support osi mapping for hillwalking which is very good and very accurate, all in all I got the phone for €120 and viewranger plus osi maps for €30 so it's quite reasonable especially for use as a handheld device.

Advertisement