Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSB weekends out of the country

• 12-01-2011 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    I was hoping for some help.
    I recently started job seekers benifit as I lost my job.
    I know I am entitled to 12 days holidays while on JSB but my question is can I still leave the country on long weekends to see my girlfriend. Example Friday to Monday without notifying anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Citizens Information says:
    You must always notify the Department of a permanent or temporary absence from the State and give your contact address abroad.

It's always better to tell them. If you don't and they find out (and they usually do!) and it's in breach of the regulations, you'll be in more trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tryalittle

Thank you for the reply but how would they know as I would not miss collecting JSB.
    Do their systems have visibility of my whereabouts?
    I'll probably just ask them....
    Surely I can get away with Friday to Monday?
    or would that be 2 days holidays?
    I couldn't sign on and off every second weekend its pointless....I guess I need to get talking to someone with a heart....could be hard found... or say nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Look lets be honest about it the chances of them contacting you any day of the week never mind the weekends are slim to none, i have been on the dole a year and a bit and not once have they contacted me about anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

It may be the case that they'd never know, but if you're out of the country every Friday, Saturday and Monday (Sunday doesn't count) that's 3 working days.

One of the primary rules of JSB is that you must "Be available for and genuinely seeking work", yet for 50% of the time (i.e. 3 days out of 6 working days) you're not.

Just sayin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

TheQ47 wrote: »
    It may be the case that they'd never know, but if you're out of the country every Friday, Saturday and Monday (Sunday doesn't count) that's 3 working days.

One of the primary rules of JSB is that you must "Be available for and genuinely seeking work", yet for 50% of the time (i.e. 3 days out of 6 working days) you're not.

Just sayin'.
    have to agree with q47.if you get caught at this caper,your possibly looking at losing your payment, especially in this current climate. its not fair of you to say you need someone to"have a heart". other jobseekers are walking the streets looking for work while you spend 1/2 of every week on holidays with your girlfriend. sorry, but you need to get real.

• Advertisement
Advertisement