Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 2010

Options
  • 12-01-2011 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Got a new laptop recently and comes with Office 2010 anyone know best place to get a licence for it normal or Student (with valid college ID) as it will be cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Del007

Try this http://www.openoffice.org/

it's free and does everything that microsoft office does

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Try openoffice, but you might run into problems if you share files with people who use MS Office and keep swapping back and forth.

http://www.software4students.ie/ looks cheap, havent read up on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Drakar wrote: »
    Try openoffice, but you might run into problems if you share files with people who use MS Office and keep swapping back and forth.

http://www.software4students.ie/ looks cheap, havent read up on it though.

softare4students.ie is great, I've used it myself. They don't even ask for a student number. There is a big thread on it in bargain alerts somewhere, do a search and you'll find it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

+1
    I bought MS Office 2010 for €65, downloaded. The software can be used on a laptop AND a PC at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

and the version you get for €65 is the professional edition, which normally retails for about €500 odd euro through a normal retailer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

Or alternatively you could download the whole package for free!?

But I dunno if I'm allowed say how on here.

I'm studying in UCD and needed Office 2010 but sadly hadn't got the money for it. I found out how and where to get it for free, and its been working fine for me for the past couple of months, no problemo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks all, will look at the options above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

you can buy a legal copy for about 7 euro i think if your a student my friend in college bought one i cant remember the site off the top of my head but il find out for you as soon asd he returns as i plan on buying one aswell something hub i think the sites called...

jasonf9ace wrote: »
    you can buy a legal copy for about 7 euro i think if your a student my friend in college bought one i cant remember the site off the top of my head but il find out for you as soon asd he returns as i plan on buying one aswell something hub i think the sites called...

yes please let me know

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

nava wrote: »
    yes please let me know

thanks
    did some searching and found it > http://e5.onthehub.com/Portal/PortalSelectInstitution.aspx?p=5a04ab65-b67a-dd11-bb6c-0030485a6b08

• Advertisement

WOW great prices, pity the limitations on the colleges that can be used, won't be able to get it from them

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

YouthNovel wrote: »

I'm studying in UCD and needed Office 2010 but sadly hadn't got the money for it. I found out how and where to get it for free, and its been working fine for me for the past couple of months, no problemo.

Any chance of you sharing how? please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

YouthNovel wrote: »

you wouldn't steal a car... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

is this a legit website?

thanks

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    is this a legit website?

thanks

To me does look legit, you need to send proof of ID with a copy of college ID, also limited numbers of colleges available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

I see my college on it, I'm tempted to get Mac office 2011 but for 6.75euro? seems to good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I got it from Software4students.ie for €65 including postage. No hassle with getting approved (even with not having a college email address as I couldn't be arsed ever firing it up)

Was running with Office 2007 that came free (for 1 year) with my Samsung netbook. It got me through 1 year of Masters though as I was a bad boy and was handing in the thesis a trifle late I had to go buy Office 2010 in the end!
    Loath as I am to give Microsoft money, and I used Open Office for a few years - it's very good I must say - when you are dealing with bureaucrats in College who value typefaces, spacing, look-and-feel, etc. over actual content, and who can't seem to read anything unless it comes in .doc or .pdf - you are much safer and will save a lot of time by buying the real thing. Seriously - €65 is an absolute steal - and it's a lifetime license.
    You will use Word so much in projects, reports, thesis..... it can make even the laziest of us look good!

And OneNote, the little Office program that few people use - it is brilliant for cut and paste off the net, digging stuff out of pdfs (even locked ones)....

There's an amount of stuff on my netbook and laptop that wouldn't stand up to scrutiny by the Software Police - but my Office is 100% legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

The cheapest retail price I found is on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Office-2010-Student-Users/dp/B003FO8956/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1295200107&sr=8-4

Home and Student 3 user licence £78 delivered..

Get 3 people in your class to go 1/3 each and you get it for around €32 quid each

Advertisement