Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daughter getting texts from premium chat sites

Options
  • 12-01-2011 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all,

This may not be the right forum for this, please place this in a more suitable forum if this is the case!

My wife bought my 10yr old daughter her first mobile phone for christmas, on the meteor network.

On the 29th dec she received a text from Flirt.ie asking her to reply to a 29yr old guy called Kado. On receiving this text she came to me terrified and showed me. I confiscated the phone and went to the Meteor store my wife got the phone from, they weren't much help. I decided to hold onto the phone for a few days and no new texts arrived. I gave her the phone back 2 days ago. This evening she received another text from Flirt.ie asking her to reply to a Stephen who is a 32 yr old male from dublin.

I rang Meteor customer care and told them the above and they were of the opinion that it wasn't a problem on their end.

I cant seem to be able to get contact details for the operators of Flirt.ie on the net.

Has anyone encountered this sort of unprovoked attention on their mobile?
    and
    Has anyone got contact details for flirt.ie?

Thanks for reading all and any replies are welcomed.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Reply Stop or Unsub to the number, it might do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Staff Sergeant

thanks beertons, I should have mentioned, but i did that on the first occassion, it doesn't seem to have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

naughty naught daughter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What number is it coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I wouldn't think it's anything to do with meteor.

• Advertisement

57333 is the number.

Just to mention that all of the call history and message history on the phone is present, no-one has signed up to flirt.ie from her phone, and the internet has not been enabled on it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭francie82

seems to me hat somebody must have subscribed to that flirt.ie and may have given an incorrect number (your daughters) when signing up. Possibly at random..... I couldnt see it being meteors problem. can u get another sim card free or change the number

Company= http://www.inkred.ie/
    01 4888 999

francie82 wrote: »
    seems to me hat somebody must have subscribed to that flirt.ie and may have given an incorrect number (your daughters) when signing up. Possibly at random..... I couldnt see it being meteors problem. can u get another sim card free or change the number

Yeah I will get a free sim tomorrow, still I'd like to get to the bottom of it or at least try. I wouldn't like another child to be caught out by the same sort of thing.

Davy wrote: »
    Company= http://www.inkred.ie/
    01 4888 999
    Cheers davy

• Advertisement

Cheers davy

You should also make a complaint. If your daughter has lost credit over this she is entitled to get it back

http://www.askcomreg.ie/premium_rate/making_a_complaint.360.LE.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭francie82

ye i suppose as it is a bit strange...theres contact us on that ink red site. main ting is u change dat sim.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

francie82 wrote: »

if im right nearly 99% of sites that have text notifications send out a confirmation number to the phone which has to be entered to the site to confirm that its their number.

If that wasn't the case people would go around entering random numbers all the time to piss people off!

so i really doubt thats a coincident

Thanks all, great response in a short time.

I am going to make a complaint initially to inkred and see how they react, and then as davy suggested I may contact Comreg too. Texts were creepy for a 10yr old girl to get or anyone else for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could also be a recycled number your daughter got with the phone from someone previously subscribing and had let their number lapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,087 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Comreg might be worth a try. My daughter landed herself with Jamster, and after both Comreg and myself laying into them, my daughter never heard from them again, with the exception of a €20 note, which Jamster sent with a snivelling apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wint89

hi there my current number a man had that number before i got it , and i was getting calls and he had used this flirt site and i was gettin msgs, maybe the reason why your daughter is getting them to the phone is cause somebody b4 that had that number and used that site , because they give out old numbers that people dont use for years . but next time reply with a unsubcribe message and your daughter shouldnt get them agen

Advertisement