Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Safes/Cabinets

Options
  • 12-01-2011 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy the cheapest gun safe/cabinet? Im looking for one that will fit 3 guns max.

Cheers

Terry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

where you located

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Top Gun in Drogheda have their own brand and its 130 i think
    Holds three guns easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

It will very much depend on the type of guns you plan to store.
    A 3 gun safe will not hold 3 rifles with scopes at best they will hold 3 shotguns.
    If you have scoped rifle/rifles you will need a deeper safe to allow for the scopes. So choose wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Rosahane

There is a good selection in Hilltop if it's anywhere near you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Not related to me ... but check the For sale section now... safe there at the min.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

clivej wrote: »
    It will very much depend on the type of guns you plan to store.
    A 3 gun safe will not hold 3 rifles with scopes at best they will hold 3 shotguns.
    If you have scoped rifle/rifles you will need a deeper safe to allow for the scopes. So choose wisely.

Have to agree, I have a 5 gun warmflow and really 4 guns is max, 2 rifles 2 shotguns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Very good prices thanks for that..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Very good prices thanks for that..:)

I've a 12 gun cabinet ye can't have enough space:D

It has a strong box inside so you can store small parts or valuables there too, it took my self and my father to lift it in when it was empty, bolted to the wall it would take a JCB to get it out, and even then you'd have no bolts or ammo :D

However I would urge other posters to be fairly limited when giving out security tips and be as vague as possible with personal security whether on boards or even in the local RFD, you never know who is watching or listening

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭selwyn

Thanks for all the replies. Im based in Ashbourne in Meath. Im going to check out Top gun in Drogheda as it seems the cheapest. BTW im storing shotguns only.

• Advertisement
Advertisement