Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr gripe with BFBC2

Options
  • 12-01-2011 1:40am

Ok so I know this game has been out quite a while and there are less people playing it, but I'm pretty new to it. My problem is that it seems like 80% of the games I join have roughly 4 people per team. Can the servers not try fill up before putting people into low density servers? I just don't get it. When you finally find a game with 7-8 people per team it sometimes fills up to 10-12 per team and it's great craic!

Comments

Ugh just got put into a game on my own! Are they seriously trying to tell me that no other servers needed players? Awful matchmaking system, truly awful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Ok so I know this game has been out quite a while and there are less people playing it, but I'm pretty new to it. My problem is that it seems like 80% of the games I join have roughly 4 people per team. Can the servers not try fill up before putting people into low density servers? I just don't get it. When you finally find a game with 7-8 people per team it sometimes fills up to 10-12 per team and it's great craic!

I don't know anything about the matchmaking logic, but player numbers overall are pretty healthy. The release of Vietnam and Map Pack 7 brought enough of a resurgence that the database backend at EA was struggling badly. Further cheap deals over Christmas also brought in a lot of new players.

This is you I take it?

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/ROJOMCDOJO/

3 destruction kills in 14 hours? It's taken me 9 months to manage just 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Go to the xbox section of boards, look for the irl battlefield thread, add a few people off that. You'll be playing in full games most the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Go to the xbox section of boards, look for the irl battlefield thread, add a few people off that. You'll be playing in full games most the time

no you wont,
    i was just on here to start the same thread.
    the match making is gone to crap.

have any of ye found that people are leaving early too to protect their precious win lose ratio where they're losing?
    ive noticed this happening alot since people started to return from black ops

they do it mostly when there attacking and then we dont get a chance to attack properly because theres only 3 or so on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

In the past week match-making has gone to hell. Last night I was the only player in a hardcore Rush Hill 127. Then only 3 on conquest Vantage Point, And so on.... It went on like this for 8 matches before Garv & Miju got online and i think we got an 8v8 match.

It's happening too regularly over the past week, that there is **** all in some matches. The weeks preceding it were great, full matches everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Matchmaking in battlefield is worse than any game iv seen. Just finished a game where it was 9 v 1, me being the 1. It started off 1 v 4 then the next 5 were on their team and not 1 other person put on my team. Its making it impossible to play this game anymore

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks God for dedicated servers is all i can say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Matchmaking can be ridiculous at times. Was defending quite well by meself in a 1v4 match. Other team had lost about 20 tickets so I decided to look at the scoreboard to realise that another 5 had gone onto the side with 4 already on it?

Like are they seriously saying there is not even a smidgen of team balancing?

FWIW I actually one the 1v9 match too in an epic game that went right to the last mcom :p:p:p:p:p:p

Advertisement