Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a nice lunch/meal for less than a tenner?

• 12-01-2011 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

I've read the restaurants 2010 guide but nobody thought about mentioning the prices in each post for some reason. :confused:

So any good spots where I can get full for under a tenner? And 9.99e is not under a tenner by the way :pac:

Also Im not from Waterford so can you please tell me where the places are? Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Showboat. Very good. Best I know.

P.S. Forgot to mention for the best food in town you pay between 7.50 and 9.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm not from Waterford so if people could give me the general direction too, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

The Athenum house hotel are doing lunch for circa €10 in Zaks restaurant. Across the river opposite reginalds tower.follow signposts in ferrybank. Nice setting and top class food for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

0verblood wrote: »
    I've read the restaurants 2010 guide but nobody thought about mentioning the prices in each post for some reason. :confused:

So any good spots where I can get full for under a tenner? And 9.99e is not under a tenner by the way :pac:

Also Im not from Waterford so can you please tell me where the places are? Thanks...

You probably won't find a full dinner for much under a tenner to be honest.
    Billy Ryan's "The Exchange" on Ballybricken, just to the left of the Garda station as you look at it face on, does a carvery lunch and any drink/pint for 10 euro. Haven't been in there but heard the food is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Coming over the bridge (old) keep going straight for couple of hundred yards then stay left at finance office (glass & steel building). You know you're right when you see Aldi on your left and the forum on your right, Showboat is just after Aldi on the left. Exchange and Garda station keep going for another couple of hundred, also on the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'd highly recommend the pantry in George's Court. They do lunch specials every day I've been there for €7.50

George's Court is just off the quay. If coming from the bridge it's just before the clock tower on the opposite side of the road between shaws and the granville hotel.

It's up a small laneway which leads into the shopping area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If you dont mind a little spin then The Rhu Glen is very nice, just over the bridge on the way to Ross, closer to town the majority of lunches/dinners in Revolution are 10euro, its on john street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Halfway house on the Tramore road do one for a fiver, beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

If you want to pay exactly €10 and you like Italian, you can't go wrong with Espresso, they do a lovely lunch menu, any pasta dish or pizza, ice-cream and tea or coffee. They're located on Parnell Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

The uluru out near ardkeen hospital does lovely food and if you are there on a sunday you can get a lunch for 9.95. Have'nt had carvery there during the week but you'd imagine that it'd be at least around that price.

Oh yeah, if you get the waterford today paper(free) there's usually a voucher in there for eddie rockets. 2 burger and fries with drinks for a tenner during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

The Mansion House opposite the old infirmary....9:50...fantastic !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

Definitely La Taverna for Italian across from the River Island entrance to City Square--- Pizza + salad from 4.50 and all sorts of sandwiches/flatbreads up to 7.50. Sooo yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Definitely La Taverna for Italian across from the River Island entrance to City Square--- Pizza + salad from 4.50 and all sorts of sandwiches/flatbreads up to 7.50. Sooo yum.
    A full pizza, or just a slice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Dooleys Hotel on the quay do a lunch special every day up to 3pm only €6.50 have tried their other food and its always been scrumpious. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You could always go out to WIT and go to the Hot House Bistro there. Dinners for under a fiver there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

Thanks folks, I'm off to Waterford tomorrow, will have a look at a few of these places :D

Advertisement