Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford - Hard Rock/Metal Vocalist Available.

Options
  • 12-01-2011 6:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I've been wanting to get a band together or join one for ages now. I'm a singer (22) and I really wanna sing hard rock of some kind.

My influences vary in and out of classic hard rock, grunge and melodic metal.

My main influences are, Alter Bridge(my favourite band around right now), The Mayfield four, Slash and Myles Kennedy(Basically anything Myles Kennedy does) Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Led Zeppelin, The Answer, Black Stone Cherry, Jeff Buckley, Sound Garden, Audioslave.

I generally try not to sing with a lot of scratchiness(Axl Rose/Brian Johnson Style) in my voice, I prefer to hit notes as clean as I can like Myles Kennedy and Jeff Buckley.

My only way of travel is by bus, so I would preferably like to start or join a band within about an hours distance from me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

MickClince12118, I've edited the thread title for clarity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭OmenBonez

hey man if after a while you cant get something going pretty close to where you are, ive been trying to get something going round galway for a while now and if you can sing this kinda stuff well we could really use someone with this type of voice, would be awesome but i know its a long shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

OmenBonez wrote: »
    hey man if after a while you cant get something going pretty close to where you are, ive been trying to get something going round galway for a while now and if you can sing this kinda stuff well we could really use someone with this type of voice, would be awesome but i know its a long shot

Galway would be a very long shot man. Seein' as I've got no transportation it would be easier for me to head to england on the plane than go to Galway haha. Good luck with your search anyway!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kb123

I'm trying to set something up in Cork. Same kind of influences as yourself- Iron Maiden, Dio, Metallica, Slash, Black Label Society, Black Stone Cherry etc.

Looking for a singer who sings! Not growling type of stuff.

Let me know if you would be interested.

kb123 wrote: »
    I'm trying to set something up in Cork. Same kind of influences as yourself- Iron Maiden, Dio, Metallica, Slash, Black Label Society, Black Stone Cherry etc.

Looking for a singer who sings! Not growling type of stuff.

Let me know if you would be interested.

Cork would be too far away man, I would need to be walkin into a pretty solid band to even consider goin that far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Press_Start

I'm 18 in waterford and a rock guitarist/vocalist, so if you're interested then im available, im doin me leaving at the moment, so time is a bit of a factor, but im experianced in music and stuff, so give us a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭RC88

hey, i'm in dungarvan, 22,bit chubby(ha) and doing nuthin at the mo(to put it simply, still lazing bout at home but then who is'nt;))

rythym guitarist with a wide varity of styles,playing 4 years, bit of a genre chamelon
    i listen to a lot of the bands u do and a few more(GN'R,Rolling Stones,The Who,Led Zep,Sabbath,Audioslave,Nirvana,ACDC,etc) but i'll have to learn some of the songs a bit more and to get an idea of my style, think malcom young,pete townshend,izzy stradlin,kurt cobain

have no prob coming to waterford city long as the bus is going

if u're intrested or want a basic sample of me playing, give us a bell

Bump

Bump this to hell

Have played a couple of tunes recently in a pub and am raging to start doing some more songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 yung_fella

Hey man we have a band set up looking for a singer. We're doing metal with a progressive hard rock influence. We are in waterford city. Send me a pm with your number if your interested, cheers!

Advertisement