Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeep Needs Tracking Sorted

Options
  • 12-01-2011 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and one of the front wheels has way too much toe-in. Tried the guy in B'collig (tks PaintDoctor) but he didn't have the tools. Anyone know a 4x4 or commercial outfit in town that are okay to deal with?

Thanks guys

Max

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Who in Ballincollig? R&R tryes?

Surprising, but generally this is a major problem with these types of vehicle, not just the Cherokee

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

Try ept in Ballincollig, they're on the link road, in the same estate as Scotts for Tools.They are at the back of scotts. They actually track it properly, unlike so many others they will do the rear as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Cheers ShamFeen. That was the guy PaintDoc recommended. Dead on bloke and had the tracking equipment, however s'thing needed loosening that he didn't have the tool for and he told me to go to a commercial (as in trucks etc) place, like the crowd out in Dunmanway. Thought I'd ask here, to see if there was anywhere else in the city I could try.

I presume anywhere that does DOEs can do tracking
    http://www.vehicletesting.ie/22/cork.html
    Some of them are in the city :)

Dermot Cronin Motors
    Shannon Buildings, Mallow Road, Cork, Co. Cork
    tel: 021 430 9090

Only does light goods vehicles so might be worth a call for a 4x4 as he is car/van orientated rather than trucks etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Try John Banks Turners X they do all size vehicles.

Max001 wrote: »
    Cheers ShamFeen. That was the guy PaintDoc recommended. Dead on bloke and had the tracking equipment, however s'thing needed loosening that he didn't have the tool for and he told me to go to a commercial (as in trucks etc) place, like the crowd out in Dunmanway. Thought I'd ask here, to see if there was anywhere else in the city I could try.

Hmmmmm ept do my jeep and car all the time. If something needs loosening it might be a mechanic you need maybe with an acetylene torch and then take it somewhere for tracking? Good luck anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

ShamFeen wrote: »
    Hmmmmm ept do my jeep and car all the time. If something needs loosening it might be a mechanic you need maybe with an acetylene torch and then take it somewhere for tracking? Good luck anyway!

I think I'd put up with the excessive tyre wear tbh. I've lost my water curtain from it being burnt by a frustrated mick who could not loosen the struts. Wasn't fixed either by the looks of things as time passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

automotif opposite harvey norman?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

setting the tracking on a jeep should not be any more complex than a car tbh, if they cant open the nuts (unlikely) heat and / or penatrating oil might help. sean o'connell out near crossbarry is very good if your willing to travel

• Advertisement

garhjw wrote: »
    automotif opposite harvey norman?

When they opened that Paul (the owner) was telling me that all the lads working there were qualified mechanics, so I would reckon Automotif is classes above the likes of Fast Fit, Advance etc due to the staff. Paul is also a very shrewd and honest operator who knows how to run a business and places huge value on repeat business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

RoverJames wrote: »
    When they opened that Paul (the owner) was telling me that all the lads working there were qualified mechanics, so I would reckon Automotif is classes above the likes of Fast Fit, Advance etc due to the staff. Paul is also a very shrewd and honest operator who knows how to run a business and places huge value on repeat business.

I agree, went in to get my lights aligned there last year and the guy just drove me car around to the back and told me that there was a bushing gone in one of the wheels. I knew this already, but was nice of him to mention just in case.

Cheers guys. Really appreciate your recommendations. Will try the last one first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dar026

hi Max001, did you get your tracking sorted? i'm having the same problem with my Jeep Grand Cherokee

Went to the guys in Turners Cross. Wanted E40, but because they couldn't get it spot on, only asked E20. I'd use em again. Fast and very helpful. Going to get it sorted properly when I get a new set of tyres shortly....Continental 255 55 18's....ouch! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dar026

thanks a million, will give him a try....

Advertisement