Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael, the student's choice?

Options
  • 12-01-2011 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello,
    anyone else see the FG politician ( i think he was their education rep) on tv3's Ireland am.
    He said that FG want to introduce a system of graduate repayments. Where graduates would pay back one third of their fees after they secure a permanent job. Is this still a possibilit if FG are elected as a majority in the upcoming election? And if so shouldn't all students combine their vote ?
    P.S I'm in no way pro FG but if they guarantee introducing this when they get into office then then I'd definitley vote for them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Yes I briefly heard this, It sounds like a fair policy if it was to be introduced. As a student I would personally be in favour of it, The majority of students I know and people in general want to vote for a change, It looks like FG have a good chance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Why vote change for the sake of change, personally FG imo are a bunch of cowards and have as little if not less confidence in then than FF.

I think full fees and repayment system should be introduced asap, similar to UK, a abolish reg fees to take pressure of low income families. Now show me a party that promises that and you've got my attention

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jonesy93

I think full fees and repayment system should be introduced asap

I'd happily take the 1/3rd repayment over full fees anyday :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

jonesy93 wrote: »
    I'd happily take the 1/3rd repayment over full fees anyday :)

would weed out wasters imo and get us out of this hole quicker

Advertisement