Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micheala Hartes murder, suspects caught

• 12-01-2011 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

OisinT was correct!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-northern-ireland-12169321

Lets hope they throw away the keys on these murdering bastards(if proven guilty)!

RIP Micheala!
    Three due in court over Michaela Harte honeymoon murder
    Three hotel staff have appeared in court in Mauritius charged in connection with the murder of Michaela McAreavey on her honeymoon.
    Two of the men are charged with murder and one with conspiracy to murder.

Mr and Mrs McAreavey had been having a cup of tea at an outdoor cafe after using the swimming pool at the Indian Ocean resort.
    Mrs McAreavey then went back to her room, which was about 50m away, to fetch something, said to be biscuits for her tea, Insp Jokhoo said.
    When she failed to return after 20 to 30 minutes, her husband went to the room to look for her. He found her dead in the bathtub in the room.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

what was he correct about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

You could have just sent them a pm or posted on the other thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Gucky wrote: »
    Was correct!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-northern-ireland-12169321

Lets hope they throw away the keys on these murdering bastards!

RIP Michaela!
    Let's hope that they put them on trial first in case they're not actually guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

FatherLen wrote: »
    what was he correct about?

He reckoned it was a murder immediately when the news broke.
    Insurgent wrote: »
    You could have just sent them a pm or posted on the other thread!

That thread got locked.

Besides, now the facts are clear(ish), its worthy of a discussion, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Guilty until proven innocent?

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Let's hope that they put them on trial first in case they're not actually guilty.

Well, obviously.
    Better not jump to too much of a conclusion I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'd say most people did...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Change OisinT's name to Columbo imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

i think its shocking that staff members did this. they should be locked away forever, and thats too good for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

have I missed the trial? Or are people jumping straight to "Hang the lot of 'em!!"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 200 ✭✭RoisinDove

Whoever would have guessed? It's not as if the first reports didn't state that she 'was killed'. And a key card was used, oh, maybe it was an employee of the hotel? :rolleyes: You're easily impressed, OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Her poor husband will be kicking himself he didn't go back with her, poor man. Wasn't his fault of course.

well its obvious satff members did it - who else would have access to the keycard.

Dean820 wrote: »
    Her poor husband will be kicking himself he didn't go back with her, poor man. Wasn't his fault of course.

God only knows what is going through his mind right now. Poor man.

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    well its obvious satff members did it - who else would have access to the keycard.

Key cards could be stolen. The security around the place screamed staff involvement to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The-Rigger wrote: »

Or Taggart.

"There's been a murder".

Old members of staff are also being investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

RoisinDove wrote: »
    Whoever would have guessed? It's not as if the first reports didn't state that she 'was killed'. And a key card was used, oh, maybe it was an employee of the hotel? :rolleyes: You're easily impressed, OP!

First reports said she had died, and there was no mention of the keycard until yesterday, well from the news I got anyway.

RoisinDove wrote: »

Ffs!

My grandad was killed, theres a difference in killed and being murdered you know.

Or Taggart.

"There's been a murrrrrrrrrDer".

• Advertisement

well it says on the radio 3 members of staff are in court this morning. that country is very poor and there are numerous murders there among the poor people from that country every year- they were in robbing the room and when micheala came back they murdered her. so they should be punished.

Michaela not Micheala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That's good work, boys

First reports said she had died, and there was no mention of the keycard until yesterday, well from the news I got anyway.

Well it's right up there on the list of likely things to happen. It was the first thing I thought of, and I'm no detective.

The first thing i thought of was drowning, then they said she was killed so i suspected murder from there on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Will many of our so called detectives come forward and admit that their first thought was her husband was involved?

Terrible thing to happen.

Guill wrote: »
    The first thing i thought of was drowning, then they said she was killed so i suspected murder from there on.

I thought it was maybe a similar case to Natasha Richardson when I heard it first. Anyways, for the families sake I hope they get everything done right and quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Nope this is a job for YEAAAHHH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Seen the interview with Mickey and sons last night. Very sad indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

very tragic

just shows how fickle FATE is that such a trivial decision of going back for some biscuits put her in this situation.

must be surreal for the family that the happy wedding day can change to such sorrow over the course of a couple of weeks

Riskymove wrote: »
    very tragic

just shows how fickle faith is that such a trivial decision of going back for some biscuits put her in this situation.

must be surreal for the family that the happy wedding day can change to such sorrow over the course of a couple of weeks

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

:confused:
    think he meant fate.

Riskymove wrote: »
    very tragic

just shows how fickle faith is that such a trivial decision of going back for some biscuits put her in this situation.

FATE! And yes, it's a real tragedy. It seems like the Tyrone team are cursed.

Yes, probably a curse what done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I thought it was maybe a similar case to Natasha Richardson when I heard it first. Anyways, for the families sake I hope they get everything done right and quickly.
    You thought she was Skiing in the snow of Mauritius?
    Sympathies go out to the family and her poor husband having to deal with this especially the first few days there with no family or friends to support him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

amiable wrote: »
    You thought she was Skiing in the snow of Mauritius?
    Actually to be fair, when her father told the press she'd been "killed", my first thought was that there'd be some kind of accident - hit by a car, or drowned while scubadiving or such.

OisinT is legal profession though, he's probably aware that if it had been an accident they'd probably have said she has "died" or "has been tragically killed in an accident". Saying she's been killed and not releasing more information generally means that there's something more sinister about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

There was a case there last summer, where two young boys were accused of sexually assaulting a young girl. (Must try to find the link.)

The usual suspects, apparently incapable of distinguishing real life from Eastenders, hopped aboard the familiar bandwagon and started detailing their laughable torture fantasies and clambering over each other in a bid to show who was the most outraged.

A day or two after the thread was posted, the girl admitted she was lying; she'd made the whole thing up.

I don't cast my judgement on these cases because

a) I don't have access to police files like many members here seem to, and
    b) I believe in the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

Goldfish memories round these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭adomino

well it says on the radio 3 members of staff are in court this morning. that country is very poor and there are numerous murders there among the poor people from that country every year- they were in robbing the room and when micheala came back they murdered her. so they should be punished.

true

their forensic team would want to be on the button here

i recall the portugal case where the little girl went missing, evidence at crime scene was apparently spoiled

Pace2008 wrote: »
    There was a case there last summer, where two young boys were accused of sexually assaulting a young girl. (Must try to find the link.)

The usual suspects, apparently incapable of distinguishing real life from Eastenders, hopped aboard the familiar bandwagon and started detailing their laughable torture fantasies and clambering over each other in a bid to show who was the most outraged.

A day or two after the thread was posted, the girl admitted she was lying; she'd made the whole thing up.

I don't cast my judgement on these cases because

a) I don't have access to police files like many members here seem to, and
    b) I believe in the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

Goldfish memories round these parts.

There's no need for your forum issues in threads of this nature, have some respect.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

This is weird. Never heard of this Mickey chap until the other day when I was reading he was against contraceptives or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Pace2008 wrote: »
    There was a case there last summer, where two young boys were accused of sexually assaulting a young girl. (Must try to find the link.) The usual suspects, apparently incapable of distinguishing real life from Eastenders, hopped aboard the familiar bandwagon and started detailing their laughable torture fantasies and clambering over each other in a bid to show who was the most outraged. A day or two after the thread was posted, the girl admitted she was lying; she'd made the whole thing up..

Not quite.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE64N34A20100524

Found guilty eh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

seamus wrote: »
    Actually to be fair, when her father told the press she'd been "killed", my first thought was that there'd be some kind of accident - hit by a car, or drowned while scubadiving or such.

OisinT is legal profession though, he's probably aware that if it had been an accident they'd probably have said she has "died" or "has been tragically killed in an accident". Saying she's been killed and not releasing more information generally means that there's something more sinister about it.

I'm pretty sure most people realised that there could be foul-play involved. The majority just had the cop on not to go speculating or making jokes about a situation like this in a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

It's just so heartbreakingly sad. Her poor husband and family. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It's just so heartbreakingly sad. Her poor husband and family. RIP.

I heard the statement that her father gave yesterday on the radio - it was very well expressed, and very, very touching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Sounds like he knew a little too much about this case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I heard the statement that her father gave yesterday on the radio - it was very well expressed, and very, very touching.

If you'd seen them on TV, the father and two sons/brothers.. Absolutely heartbreaking.

No air's & graces, or rehearsed for TV. Just a father and sons/brothers speaking from broken hearts.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,200 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

In that hotbed of skiiing ....mauritius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What happened the other thread, was it locked or deleted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

No air's & graces, or rehearsed for TV. Just a father and sons/brothers speaking from broken hearts.

Yeah, the father came across as such an admiral man and seem to have more concern for the husband's feelings than he did his own.

Here's the time they were on The Late Late together:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

i think its shocking that staff members did this. they should be locked away forever, and thats too good for them.
    They were convicted? First I heard of it. Oh no wait... they weren't. They're in court - that doesn't mean guilty. Not that you should have to be told - you're an adult I presume.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement