Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micheala Hartes murder, suspects caught

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Heard on the radio at lunchtime that 2 have been charged with murder and 1 with conspiracy to murder. The thought strikes me though, how could the 3rd person be guilty of conspiracy to murder?
    If you copied a key for someone to get into a room and steal valuables while no-one is there, and they subsequently murder someone because they got caught red handed... I don't really see how you could have conspired to murder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Heard on the radio at lunchtime that 2 have been charged with murder and 1 with conspiracy to murder. The thought strikes me though, how could the 3rd person be guilty of conspiracy to murder?
    If you copied a key for someone to get into a room and steal valuables while no-one is there, and they subsequently murder someone because they got caught red handed... I don't really see how you could have conspired to murder?

you have no idea of the evidence or facts that the police have. so wild speculation on the case is not going to get you anywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just saw the hotels site on virtual tourist, time to warn other would be guests about this hotel.
    Who in there right mind would go to Mauritius now, these people who killed her need to get the death penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Just saw the hotels site on virtual tourist, time to warn other would be guests about this hotel.
    Who in there right mind would go to Mauritius now, these people who killed her need to get the death penalty.

its been reported all over the world, its going to kill the trade of honeymooners and tourists. i read it on cnn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

curlzy wrote: »
    So you're saying you think that boardsies are writing "the red-tops"?
    Er, no, not to the best of my knowledge. I said that these kind of attitudes aren’t exclusive to Boards.ie. They exist in reality, and tabloid newspapers are physical rather than anecdotal evidence that these exist. People read them, some take them to heart and their perception of what constitutes reasonable thought is influenced by them. I’ve never been sure whether these publications create this environment of hate or if they’re just a reflection of society’s darker side.
    Is that what you mean when you say the opinions here are carried over to Real Life?
    I’d imagine sentiments expressed here have at least some relation to what people believe in reality. They just tend to express them more strongly on the internet.
    sYou really think that English journalists are hanging around AH and getting their opinions from posters?
    No, didn’t even imply anything of the sort, though as an aside it’s not that uncommon for Irish papers to make filler pieces from some of the threads here. I do think they’re either catering to people think this way, or influencing them to think this way, or both.
    Do you really think this is the place to put a stop to rabbling? On what planet do you think After Hours is the place to get rid of stupidity?
    You’ve got to start somewhere. At least on the internet, people actually have to read what you say (even if they choose to completely misinterpret it) rather than putting their fingers in their ears, trying to shout you down and blanking you for a week because you disagree with them.

I’ve been persuaded by reasonable arguments I’ve seen on the internet before. I’m sure I’m not unique in that regard.
    Like the stupidity, racism, sexism and plain bad taste that's displayed on this forum daily is ok, but putting forth an opinion about a murder isn't ok if you don't have hard facts. Get over yourself. In answer to your question, no it's not reasonable, it's stupid drivil based on your own anecdotal evidence of what you see in the newsagents.
    WTF? I don’t think they’re OK, I think they’re very much not OK. What was I supposed to say, “Guys, I think you might be jumping the gun a bit, and I’m firmly against the pervading sexism and racism on this forum?”

We’re free to speculate all we want, once we know it is speculation. I’ve said as much more than once. It was manner in which some posters were putting across their opinions, which were more absolute judgement than speculation, that got to me.
    So I stand by my opinion that you're sanctimonious.
    You're the one preaching to me. You can continue shouting at me if you want for failing to grab my pitchfork and join the baying mob, and trying to represent the middle ground, I won’t be posting on this thread again. More fool I was knowing the way they usually go.

Maybe read back over your replies to me and see if you’re being reasonable yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

Who in there right mind would go to Mauritius now.

17 year old Swiss girl, Manuela Riedo, was raped and murdered in Galway in 2007. Who in their right mind would go there? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

There's been some amount of sh*t posted in the last few replies, yellow card me or whatever, just felt like saying it.

Terrible tragedy, don't know how they'll get over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

17 year old Swiss girl, Manuela Riedo, was raped and murdered in Galway in 2007. Who in their right mind would go there? :rolleyes:

Manuela was walking in an unlit railway line at night, that even the locals would not do. She was targeted by a madman that was let loose from prison.

She was not in a five star hotel in the middle of the day being targeted by the actual staff of the hotel who were employed by the hotel. Its a completely different scenario

p.s. Manuela's parents go to Galway every year and have nothing but good things to say about the place and its people.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

jesus christ. Heart sank reading about the case.

I empathise with the husband the most. It'll tear him up until he dies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

I can't get it out of my head that she walked out of that church with her husband on their wedding day with their lives ahead of them. A matter of days later she will be returning to that same church in a box, so her husband, family and friends can say goodbye. Its just mind boggling how things could turn like that in the blink of an eye. I feel really bad for her husband he must be absolutely shattered.

Its interesting too that a man and woman were murdered with a shotgun in Limerick a few days ago leaving six children orphaned and there is no thread on AH about it. Nor any posters offering their R.I.P.'s, touching tributes and comments or squabbling about frankly bloody stupid points such as a previous posters grammer, spelling or slightly muddled messages. How was it any less of a tragedy I'm wondering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I can't get it out of my head that she walked out of that church with her husband on their wedding day with their lives ahead of them. A matter of days later she will be returning to that same church in a box, so her husband, family and friends can say goodbye. Its just mind boggling how things could turn like that in the blink of an eye. I feel really bad for her husband he must be absolutely shattered.

I keep thinking the same.

Its interesting too that a man and woman were murdered with a shotgun in Limerick a few days ago leaving six children orphaned and there is no thread on AH about it. Nor any posters offering their R.I.P.'s, touching tributes and comments or squabbling about frankly bloody stupid points such as a previous posters grammer, spelling or slightly muddled messages. How was it any less of a tragedy I'm wondering?

Start one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

R.I.P. Michaela.

A disgusting end to what should have been a bright beginning.

Mickey does not seem to be a lucky man. Condolences to the family and to Michaela's new husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Lovely post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭macquarie

Not one of those 6 children was orphaned, they had 3 children each from different partners and only actually met each other a few months ago afaik.

Secondly, the guy who was shot was a well known criminal who killed an innocent young girl while joyriding a stolen car a few years ago and laughed at her family in court.

Yeah that case is very similar to Michaela Harte's murder :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

macquarie wrote: »
    Not one of those 6 children was orphaned, they had 3 children each from different partners and only actually met each other a few months ago afaik.

Secondly, the guy who was shot was a well known criminal who killed an innocent young girl while joyriding a stolen car a few years ago and laughed at her family in court.

Yeah that case is very similar to Michaela Harte's murder :rolleyes:

There is a class divide in these things though. We don't like to acknowledge it but there is.

Not taking away from Michaela at all, but a daughter of a senior county manager is always going to get more press coverage than the woman who was shot in Limerick. It's just the way it is.

She was not in a five star hotel in the middle of the day being targeted by the actual staff of the hotel who were employed by the hotel. Its a completely different scenario

It's not. Murder is murder.

Murder of one of our own citizens in another country will always leave a stain of distrust on that country - just as John-Joe expressed. I replied to him in frustration of this fact, as one cannot blame or tar an entire country because of the act of one murderous misfit.

The Riedo case absolutely sickened me at the time, and still does today. Yet her parents only made positive comments about Galway and Ireland, which is some ways makes it even more heart-wrenching.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/manuelas-parents-shun-controversy-over-foundation-2133640.html

I feel terribly for Michaela's family and I hope that justice is served ASAP.

Lifetime solitary confinement, 23 hours in cell, 1 hour excersise with no daylight, and no contact with the outside world. That would be my justice; better than the death penalty.

It's not. Murder is murder.

Murder of one of our own citizens in another country will always leave a stain of distrust on that country - just as John-Joe expressed. I replied to him in frustration of this fact, as one cannot blame or tar an entire country because of the act of one murderous misfit.

The Riedo case absolutely sickened me at the time, and still does today. Yet her parents only made positive comments about Galway and Ireland, which is some ways makes it even more heart-wrenching.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/manuelas-parents-shun-controversy-over-foundation-2133640.html

I feel terribly for Michaela's family and I hope that justice is served ASAP.

Lifetime solitary confinement, 23 hours in cell, 1 hour excersise with no daylight, and no contact with the outside world. That would be my justice; better than the death penalty.

I wouldn't agree with that justice. I'd say the justice in their own head will be enough. I don't think it's possible to kill without feeling remorse at some stage. Imagine carrying around that burden in your head. The knowing that you killed some-one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I wouldn't agree with that justice. I'd say the justice in their own head will be enough. I don't think it's possible to kill without feeling remorse at some stage. Imagine carrying around that burden in your head. The knowing that you killed some-one.

Some people seem to carry it lightly enough. This was a particularly nasty murder too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Manuela was walking in an unlit railway line at night, that even the locals would not do. She was targeted by a madman that was let loose from prison.

p.s. Manuela's parents go to Galway every year and have nothing but good things to say about the place and its people.

You make a valid point regarding both being very different.

However, if someone from another country looked at the bit I have put in bold font above........who in their right mind would visit Ireland again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,200 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There is a class divide in these things though. We don't like to acknowledge it but there is.

Not taking away from Michaela at all, but a daughter of a senior county manager is always going to get more press coverage than the woman who was shot in Limerick. It's just the way it is.

It's not really a class divide..just more people know of Michaela and like her..she was quite a sight out on the pitch on match day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

play with fire and you will get burned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I read an interesting article recently about moors murderer Ian Brady.

A professional has been interviewing him for the past 10 years and he has yet to show remorse for any of the children he killed. He shows no emotion except when talking about Myra Hindley.

Not all murderers feel remorse.

Edit: I used the letters I, then A, then N at the start of the sentences completely by accident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

christ :rolleyes:

unfortunately it's attitudes like this that has made our own judicial system here the farce that it is

Only a minority of murderers are related to the victim, and I agree that some limited lenience be given to them upon psychiatric assessment.

However, you need to read up on the psychology of murderers and serial killers, and why they do it. Many come from broken homes, and do not feel remorse as they were never taught that emotion in childhood. Depending on their age, these people are beyond repair and should be isolated for life.

Here is a classic example of a damaged child.

Just heard on the news that one of the accused complained of being beaten, he has some nerve, i hope they get beaten senseless.

• Advertisement

Just watching the news, heartbreaking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

Just heard on the news that one of the accused complained of being beaten, he has some nerve, i should be beaten senseless.

Fixed

aDeener wrote: »
    christ :rolleyes:

unfortunately it's attitudes like this that has made our own judicial system here the farce that it is

I know I'm a bit too liberal, and people need to be punished, but I think things like "they should be in solitary confinement for 23 hours" does no-one any good.

It's wishing intense harm to another, just like they have caused intense harm to another,(Michaela).

Does it make it any better?

I always try to see the good in people, and in this case they could have been desperate for money, were surprised, killed her in fright, (thus laying her in the bath to frantically try to cover it up as drowning)

or

they could be non-remorseful psycopaths,

we don't know.

They committed a heinous action and should be locked away, but I'm just saying you never know people's minds.

Either way Michaela is the innocent victim in this, I hope she didn't suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

Was it drug related?

Here's a picuture of one of the accused:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/images/2011/0112/267405_1.jpg?ts=1294854329
    Three employees of Mauritius’ Legends hotel were charged today over the death of Michaela Harte, the daughter of Tyrone manager Mickey Harte who was murdered last Monday on the tropical island.

Room attendant Avinash Treebhoowoon (29) of Plaines des Roches, floor manager Sandip Mooneea (41) of Pettit Raffray and cleaner Raj Theekoy of the Cottages all appeared before Mapuo district court in the north of the Indian Ocean island.

The former two men were provisionally charged with the murder of Ms Harte, who was found strangled in her hotel bedroom, while the latter man was charged with complicity to murder.

An autopsy report confirmed Ms Harte died as a result of neck compression.

Police said the suspects were the last people to have been in contact with the victim before her death on Monday. Computer records from the victim’s hotel room also showed that someone entered the room two minutes before she did.

International and local media waited for three hours for the accused to arrive at the old colonial style courthouse in Port Louis, and when they did all of the men appeared to be extremely distressed at the circumstances they found themselves in.

With tears rolling down their faces the men were marched past their friends, relatives and curious onlookers in handcuffs into the courthouse where they were placed in a holding cell until proceedings began.

In front of a packed courthouse of relatives and media representatives Magistrate Bono Mally was told by the police what charges were being brought against the men. She subsequently remanded them all in custody until February 2nd next when a bail hearing will take place.

Only one of the three men had a legal representative present.

Barrister S Ravi Rutnah asked the magistrate if his client, Avinash Treebhoowoon, could address the court in relation to an alleged assault he had suffered at the hands of the police while he was in custody.

According to Mr Treebhoowoon he was brought to the office of the Major Crime Investigation Team (MCIT) where he was hit around the ears before being beaten with a hose on his feet.

“They undressed me and lay me on a table and with a water hose they beat me on the bottom of my feet. They then out a towel over my head and beat, chocked and kicked me,” he claimed.

The barrister called on the court to immediately take his client for a medical examination to ascertain if there were signs of any injuries.

“An atrocious crime has been committed and our country is now being watched by the international community. Our name has been tarnished and if the police start acting like this what will be left of our country,” he said to the court.

The magistrate agreed that Mr Treebhoowoon should be sent for a medical examination and she called for an investigation into the allegations to take place.

Speaking outside the court Mr Treebhoowoon’s new wife Reshma, who was visibly upset, told reporters she had managed to talk to her husband since he was arrested by the authorities.

“When we talked he insisted that he was innocent and that he has not committed this awful crime,” she said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Looks like the 2 suspects have confessed.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0112/mcareaveym.html
    Two men admit murdering Michaela McAreavey

Police in Mauritius have told RTÉ that two of the three men charged in the Michaela McAreavey case have admitted murdering the Irishwoman.

Hotel room attendants Avinash Treebhoowoon, 29, and Sandip Moneea, 41, have said they killed Mrs McAreavey, who was the daughter of Tyrone football manager Mickey Harte.

The 27-year-old was found dead at the four-star Legends Hotel on Monday while on honeymoon on the Indian Ocean island.

Hotel supevisor Raj Theekoy, 33, has been charged with conspiracy to murder. The three men appeared in court in Mauritius this morning.

During a brief hearing they spoke only to confirm their names, addresses and dates of birth.

All have were remanded in custody until 19 January.

Mrs McAreavey was found dead by her husband John in their hotel room on Monday.

Mr McAreavey told police that he went to look for his wife after she had been gone for ten minutes and found the hotel room door locked.

He knocked but did not receive any response so he went to reception and a hotel employee accompanied him back to Room 1025 where they used a master card to open the door.

A post mortem examination found that she had been strangled.

At a news conference this morning, police said when returning to their room, John found his wife's body in water in the bath.

Mrs McAreavey's brother and brother-in-law are expected in Mauritius today, as is the Irish Ambassador in South Africa Brendan McMahon.

Mickey Harte yesterday thanked all those who have offered support to the family following his daughter's death and appealed for respect for the privacy of his son-in-law.

'This is the worst nightmare that anyone can imagine. If you think things can be bad, then you go beyond that because that is where we are,' he said.

Mr Harte said his family had been left shattered.

Here's a picuture of one of the accused:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/images/2011/0112/267405_1.jpg?ts=1294854329

Irish Times:
    Three employees of Mauritius’ Legends hotel were charged today over the death of Michaela Harte, the daughter of Tyrone manager Mickey Harte who was murdered last Monday on the tropical island.

Room attendant Avinash Treebhoowoon (29) of Plaines des Roches, floor manager Sandip Mooneea (41) of Pettit Raffray and cleaner Raj Theekoy of the Cottages all appeared before Mapuo district court in the north of the Indian Ocean island.

The former two men were provisionally charged with the murder of Ms Harte, who was found strangled in her hotel bedroom, while the latter man was charged with complicity to murder.

An autopsy report confirmed Ms Harte died as a result of neck compression.

Police said the suspects were the last people to have been in contact with the victim before her death on Monday. Computer records from the victim’s hotel room also showed that someone entered the room two minutes before she did.

International and local media waited for three hours for the accused to arrive at the old colonial style courthouse in Port Louis, and when they did all of the men appeared to be extremely distressed at the circumstances they found themselves in.

With tears rolling down their faces the men were marched past their friends, relatives and curious onlookers in handcuffs into the courthouse where they were placed in a holding cell until proceedings began.

In front of a packed courthouse of relatives and media representatives Magistrate Bono Mally was told by the police what charges were being brought against the men. She subsequently remanded them all in custody until February 2nd next when a bail hearing will take place.

Only one of the three men had a legal representative present.

Barrister S Ravi Rutnah asked the magistrate if his client, Avinash Treebhoowoon, could address the court in relation to an alleged assault he had suffered at the hands of the police while he was in custody.

According to Mr Treebhoowoon he was brought to the office of the Major Crime Investigation Team (MCIT) where he was hit around the ears before being beaten with a hose on his feet.

“They undressed me and lay me on a table and with a water hose they beat me on the bottom of my feet. They then out a towel over my head and beat, chocked and kicked me,” he claimed.

The barrister called on the court to immediately take his client for a medical examination to ascertain if there were signs of any injuries.

“An atrocious crime has been committed and our country is now being watched by the international community. Our name has been tarnished and if the police start acting like this what will be left of our country,” he said to the court.

The magistrate agreed that Mr Treebhoowoon should be sent for a medical examination and she called for an investigation into the allegations to take place.

Speaking outside the court Mr Treebhoowoon’s new wife Reshma, who was visibly upset, told reporters she had managed to talk to her husband since he was arrested by the authorities.

“When we talked he insisted that he was innocent and that he has not committed this awful crime,” she said.

Entered the room two minutes before she did. How tragic.
    What were they thinking. Could they not have said they were just checking the room and leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    Dudess - i cant believe you think they might not have done it.
    Where did I say I think they might not have done it? I said it could not be stated they definitely did it until they are convicted - there is a difference.

Dudess wrote: »
    Where did I say I think they might not have done it? I said it cannot be stated they definitely did it until they are convicted - there is a difference.

Well they've confessed now.

I can't help but think why on earth did they kill her. They were only in the room two minutes so presumably she didn't catch them red handed with a haul of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There is a class divide in these things though.
    I'd disagree that's the case here - moreso high-profile (or just not anonymous) getting more attention than lesser known. Not saying it's right, but it's human nature in fairness.
    We don't like to acknowledge it but there is.
    I'd have no problem acknowledging it - it was the case re one particular tragedy in 2009.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I read a lot of talk about justice. What people think would be justice.
    Justice is not vengeance in my view. I view justice as that which mitigates the loss of the injured party. Locking someone up in solitary confinement for 20 years isn't going to do anything except warp the mind of the prisoner. It's an act of vengeance and doesn't solve anything.
    They did a terrible act and of course should be punished for it. That extent of form of that punishment should instill extreme remorse from the person being punished and when it's all said and done, it should enable the family feel that justice has indeed being served.
    I don't know what form it should take and I'm pretty sure, nobody here is qualified to make that assessment either.

This man, Avinash Treebhoowoon (29), is believed to the one that strangled her, according to MSNBC.

http://i.imgur.com/JLeCK.jpg

May he rot in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    well it says on the radio 3 members of staff are in court this morning. that country is very poor and there are numerous murders there among the poor people from that country every year- they were in robbing the room and when micheala came back they murdered her. so they should be punished.

Its mentionned in the news that Michaela was the first tourist to be killed there. Its very strange that nothing has been stolen from the room and they choose only Michaela to killed amongst more famous and more rich tourist than her. Very very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I love to be right, but I do feel sorry for the family and friends of this woman.

I also apologise for being crass and suggesting it was the husband. I was really only trying to state that I thought it was murder and (was correct) that the husband would be a suspect in the case it was murder.
    I'm glad the husband was cleared of this crime and I'm glad that the people responsible for this crime have been caught and are being prosecuted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

A public hanging would be nice and good enough for them.

• Advertisement

This man, Avinash Treebhoowoon (29), is believed to the one that strangled her, according to MSNBC.

May he rot in hell.

I kind of feel for them. I don't know why but I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Maybe because they look terrified. It just seems like an unintended nightmare for all involved. There are no winners here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0112/mcareaveym.html
    Police in Mauritius have told RTÉ that two of the three men charged in the Michaela McAreavey case have admitted involvement in the murder of the Irishwoman.
    Hotel room attendants Avinash Treebhoowoon, 29, and Sandip Moneea, 41, have said they killed Mrs McAreavey, who was the daughter of Tyrone football manager Mickey Harte.
    The 27-year-old was found dead at the four-star Legends Hotel on Monday while on honeymoon on the Indian Ocean island.
    Hotel supevisor Raj Theekoy, 33, has been charged with conspiracy to murder. The three men appeared in court in Mauritius this morning.
    During a brief hearing they spoke only to confirm their names, addresses and dates of birth.
    All three were remanded in custody until 19 January.
    Mrs McAreavey was found dead by her husband John in their hotel room on Monday.
    Mr McAreavey told police that he went to look for his wife after she had been gone for ten minutes and found the hotel room door locked.

He knocked but did not receive any response so he went to reception and a hotel employee accompanied him back to Room 1025 where they used a master card to open the door.

A post mortem examination found that she had been strangled.
    At a news conference this morning, police said when returning to their room, John found his wife's body in water in the bath.
    Mrs McAreavey's brother and brother-in-law are expected in Mauritius today, as is the Irish Ambassador in South Africa Brendan McMahon.
    Mickey Harte yesterday thanked all those who have offered support to the family following his daughter's death and appealed for respect for the privacy of his son-in-law.
    'This is the worst nightmare that anyone can imagine. If you think things can be bad, then you go beyond that because that is where we are,' he said.
    Mr Harte said his family had been left shattered

They have admitted it.

Absolutely devastating for the family and I hope they can get closure from this. One can only hope justice is served.

RIP

You feel sorry for the man who murdered an innocent Irish woman ? I have to say I don't understand your mentality. You might consider it to be that of an 'enlightened liberal' but that is not the way I would describe it. There is nothing enlightened about that attitude. More deluded and disconnected from reality, imo.

Morlar wrote: »
    You feel sorry for the man who murdered an innocent Irish woman ? I have to say I don't understand your mentality. You might consider it to be that of an 'enlightened liberal' but that is not the way I would describe it. There is nothing enlightened about that attitude. More deluded and disconnected from reality, imo.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Morlar wrote: »

It's called compassion. People can be compassionate and want to see justice done.

It's called compassion.

That is one way of describing it.

It's called compassion. People can be compassionate and want to see justice done.

Ah stop will ya, in fairness. Thats rubbish, there's compassion and then there's just being naive and stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

May he rot in hell.

I got married last September and can barely imagine what I'd feel if my beautiful wife was murdered like that.
    No punishment can take away what her poor husband must feel.

Personally, I feel a person like this, despite all their crocodile tears, should be taken from the gene pool and buried in a deep dark hole with other scum like them .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement