Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micheala Hartes murder, suspects caught

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,200 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

hondasam wrote: »
    The family could have asked for a private service it the wished and for the media to stay away.

every family is devastated by the death of someone the love.

I don't think i mentioned media "at" the funeral?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

What's with the splitting of hairs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

ebixa82 wrote: »
    1) Did I ever say it was her fault? No.

2) Her death has affected many people. That's true...her family, those involved in GAA, her students etc. but the vast majority of the population, while being shocked at the tragedy and being constantly reminded of it, will get on with their lives pretty quickly.

To say that "the whole nation has been affected" is simply not true.

Fcuk sake, you can't say anything without someone giving out. I said 'almost the whole nation', I don't know if anyone else said it. Yes, everyone has heard about it and at the very least most of us have been saddened. Right, we're not all in floods of tears but i'm sure most of us would like to offer our condolences to the families involved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

The president of the GAA up north died and she didnt attend his funeral. And surely shes met him a number of times?

Unless she knew the family it was nothin but a photo op lets be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

none of the presidents of the gaa while president mcaleese has been in term have died as have yet.
    i do hope none of michaela family or husband ever read any of this they are going through hard time enough without people debating whether the president should be at the funeral or not
    she was a former rose of tralee contestant and she was on various shows on tv she was high profile in herself and so was her father
    i hope she rest in peace she died too young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭baldbear

I havn't heard anything about the DNA results, Anyone know whats going on with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

baldbear wrote: »
    I havn't heard anything about the DNA results, Anyone know whats going on with them?
    I'm assuming we will have to wait for the trial to hear about that.

More than likely there will be nothing. I'm concerned at the legal process that has been reported. Quite concerned that the police and government are in too much of a hurry to convict someone of this crime and are rushing an investigation and possibly pursuing the wrong people.

I think it's clear from the 3rd guy who was originally charged with Conspiracy to Murder (because he didn't help) shows that they are doing all of this quickly and messily to help PR.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Got this from a mate

<MOD SNIP>

Rumours and gossip removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Morrigin

Thanks Micky Dolenz

• Advertisement

david75 wrote: »
    The president of the GAA up north died and she didnt attend his funeral. And surely shes met him a number of times?

Unless she knew the family it was nothin but a photo op lets be honest.
    You are talking through your anus there.....the only president from the north in the last 28 years is very much alive....

Yeah I'm not really sure what your agenda here is david75 as I saw that post of yours last night and it was just baffling that someone would actually bother to type up all that.

Renn wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not really sure what your agenda here is david75 as I saw that post of yours last night and it was just baffling that someone would actually bother to type up all that.
    me too actually ....i saw that post on my phone and couldn't have been bothered replying to it last night..but it was on my mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭baldbear

So the fifth man arrested,a security man, was cloning cards for other staff to use to rob guests.

Didn't the hotel not say there wern't any robberies there before??

Yeah it's all a bit bizarre at the moment. Also find it weird that RTE are a day behind everyone else in reporting on events. Or maybe I shouldn't be that surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

Gross miscarriage of justice here. It was a sham police investigation and trial. Scene not properly preserved,and forensics taken. Tried to shift blame on to her husband, one of the lawyers have suggested today John should be questioned before he leaves to go home. And to add insult to injury a defense lawyer praised Sinn Fein, as if the Harte/McAreavvey families have not had enough guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Discussion continued here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement