Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So he's about to start school...

Options
  • 12-01-2011 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭

Just looking to hear other parent's experiences about the following: My son starts school in September. We also have twins, who are nearly two. The whole situation is an extraordinary juggling act, yet it somehow works.

Between myself and my wife working part time, my son in the creche 4 days, twins in 1 day. I mind the kids some some days, my wife other days. It's amazing that the whole thing pans out.....anyway here's the point of the post.

When son starts school in September, he's going to be finished at 12:30 every day. It completely scuppers our current situation. My parents still work, and my wife's parents aren't close by. How the hell are we supposed to make that work?!!? What have other parents done? Really interested to hear your experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have seen a few "after school" places from leaflet drops, etc. Check with friends, to see if they know of a good one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Does the creche have a pick up service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Is it going to be 12.30 for the whole school year?
    Start asking around other parents whos kids go to the same school, they may be able to reccommend another parent who does childminding and could collect the child for you. Also could it be a possibility to get someone to come into your home to mind all the kids, and do the school dropoff/collections. Given the fact that it wouldnt be a full time role it may be really attractive to someone with older children as an opportunity to earn some extra money, and they would have lots of experience. Anyway the best advice I can give you is ask around. Best of luck it isnt easy juggling everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dizzymom

there is after school care in some schools? also if there's a local shop put up an ad for after school care.

Advertisement