Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods.ie - incompetent

Options
  • 12-01-2011 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Decided to set up a littlewoods account before christmas. Registered with all my details but was surprised that they didn't ask for any card details during the setup. Once I was all registered I was told I had a €400 limit and could start shopping, first payment would not be for a month, it was outlined what the mimimum payments would be, etc. So I ordered some items and was told they would be with me within 3 to 4 days. Grand. Or so I thought.

The arrival date came and passed, no sign and no phone calls or emails explaining it. I put it down to the bad weather at the time and left it a day before ringing. After being passed to a few different departments I eventually got through to the payments department where I was told I needed to pay a €30 deposit to set up my account, and nothing would be delivered to me until this was payed. I explained that I had never been told this, not on the site, or by the emails I had recieved after registering. By the point the items I had ordered (mostly presents) would not be delivered before christmas so I told her to cancel the orders.

I went online a few days later to pay the deposit with my laser (site says it accepts maestro) only to be told that they don't accept non 3d secure maestro cards (which seems to rule out any Irish maestro cards then). The other option I saw was to pay with billpay.ie. So I registered with them and had to wait for a few days for a pin number to come.

The billpay.ie pin came yesterday so I set about setting up my account and linking my littlewoods account to my billpay account so I could pay by laser. Then the site ask me for my "an post reference number". This is a number you recieve on your bills from littlewoods. The only problem being - I havent recieved a bill yet from them :rolleyes: So I ring littlewoods up, expalin the situatuon, explain that I want to pay with laser, that I have been told I need to pay a €30 deposit to open to account. She seems to not have ever heard of this before. Doesn't have a clue what the An Post Referece number is, when I ask her can she ask someone else she seems to ignore the question and can offer no sound advice as to how I can set up this account. Yes I could probably get a loan of a credit card from a family member to pay the €30. But why should I have to ?

I'm starting to think that littlewoods are a right shower of shams, if this is the hassle I'm getting before I've even opened the account proper, I can only imagine what else could go wrong down the line.

So just beware, and if anyone from littlewoods is reading this, make the terms and conditions clear on your website.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Why are you still persisting with this? At the first failed step, you should have walked away.

Also, are you aware of the interest rate on purchases there? It's 39.9%, variable to a max of 43.7%. That's more than twice the interest rate of any credit card. You'd have to be absolutely mad to want to use this.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Yes I am aware. And I'm not still persuing it. The runaround today was the final straw, I'm just making other people aware of the hassle with the them.

Advertisement