Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mathews Bus (GR-IFSC)

Options
  • 12-01-2011 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I dont use the service yet but am considering buying a 1700 euro season ticket.

Could regular users of the service (Grange Rath - IFSC) let me know at what time does the 7.30 am bus usually arrive in Connolly Station? Is the timetable larelgy accurate or is it very traffic dependent?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

I haven't used Matthews Coaches myself, but I heard a lot positive comments about them . I would recommend you try them out at least for a month before committing on an annual ticket.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

That service doesn't go near the ifsc unless its changed recently, it stops on parnell street after coming along the airport road route.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I get the Dundalk-Dublin service twice every week and it is usually fantastic. Great value for money, comfortable coaches, and I've never seen one to be late. During the snow, journey times were doubled but that's understandable.

I'm not sure about the GR-IFSC route, but I've heard good things about the Dundalk-IFSC route. They don't go that often though, so it might be hard to find a time that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Service is good but the traffic on the M1 this past few weeks has been enough to put me off using it till the roadworks are complete.
    Fare prices are okay (not that reasonable)
    I like the handiness of using a 10trip ticket whenever you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

delly wrote:
    That service doesn't go near the ifsc unless its changed recently, it stops on parnell street after coming along the airport road route.
    There's a service in the morning and evening to/from the IFSC from Dundalk and Grange Rath on top of their regular Parnell St. service.

I think the one from Grange Rath is about 5-10 minutes behind the Dundalk one so it should reach the IFSC by about 8.45 on a monday and anywhere between 8.30 and 8.40 during the rest of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

delly wrote: »

They certainly have a service to IFSC. :rolleyes: And it runs very much to time most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

I get the GR-IFSC bus (pick it up at Julianstown) on a regular basis.

Usually gets to Amiens St between 8.40 and 8.50am, even with the bottleneck on the M1 at Lissenhall. The time that the bus loses there is made up by using the Tunnel.

Today, for example, it arrived in Amiens St about 8.45am.

Advertisement