Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a website designed and uploaded to interweb

Options
  • 12-01-2011 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

hi guys and girls

i want to set up an online business and need a website developed
    the site needs to easy for me too handle and very clean

also people will need to be paying for items via cc paypal or laser
    i would also like this to be a .com site

would a 500 euro budget be ok to get a site created

my business will be selling dog and cat items example leads collars and beds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Not for a dynamic secure site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Up the budget and get a quality site built. It'll serve you better. I know the work that goes into even basic eCommerce sites, and you won't get one for 500 euro that'll be decent. At minimum wage, that's only 7 working days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

An off the shelf e commerce package might suite your needs better. As custom built will cost a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

hobochris wrote: »
    An off the shelf e commerce package might suite your needs better. As custom built will cost a lot more.

wher do i get a e commerce package

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

WIZE wrote: »
    wher do i get a e commerce package

http://tinyurl.com/6z97s2q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Sean^DCT4 wrote: »

GWAN THEN !
    google it for us? tell us all which 'package' would suit the poster best.
    Enlighten us with you expertise.

i would really like an irish company or if a student wants a project for their portfolio i will pay them . 500 is not max . i have ideas of how i want it to look. which is quite simple . but i need the shopping cart option and the pay transfer option

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Theres alot of work involved here WIZE, i dont think 5OO euros covers it at all.
    There will be an admin panel for you to add / edit / remove products, pagination , search then the layout. Break the site down in paper, all the functionality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

€500 is a bit unrealistic. By way of poor analogy, it's like opening up a bricks and mortar shop in a corrugated iron shed. There's some reviews of online pet shops in either the Website Reviews or Entrepreneurial & Business Management forums. Had a look but can't find the one I'm thinking of. Nevertheless have a look/search through both those forums to get some info on setting up online shops.

again 500 is not max any idea of roughly what a decent site would cost.

• Advertisement

tricky D wrote: »
    €500 is a bit unrealistic. By way of poor analogy, it's like opening up a bricks and mortar shop in a corrugated iron shed. There's some reviews of online pet shops in either the Website Reviews or Entrepreneurial & Business Management forums. Had a look but can't find the one I'm thinking of. Nevertheless have a look/search through both those forums to get some info on setting up online shops.
    will do . thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

if you're not in a rush WIZE - pm me and I can offer you some advice gratis :)

Advertisement