Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on graphics card replacement

Options
  • 12-01-2011 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi, 1 of my graphics cards died on me last night (had 2x Geforce 8800 GTX 756 MB SLI). It's working fine on just 1 but I'm guessing that will kick the bucket eventually (had them a few years now), so I'm thinking of getting a new one (or two). Has anyone any ideas of what the best are out there at the moment, looking for at least 1G, is it better to go with 1 big card or 2 smaller like I had. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Budget, existing monitor resolution and intended usage (gaming etc)? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

I'd go 300-400 if it's worth it, not sure of resolution (will check later when at home) might consider a new monitor too if needed. Used mostly for gaming

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

GTX560 is rolling out soon. Judging by initial specs, I'd recommend holding out til then, and see if it's a good price. If not, the 4xx series cards might drop in price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

Cheers, I'll probably wait and see how the 560 turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Or try the 6950's there competing with the 570 in benches. And is cheap enough at the moment ~ €255

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

2xGTX460 in SLI should come in under 400 anyway :)

Advertisement