Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish food in Ireland

Options
  • 12-01-2011 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi there!

does any one know where can I find nice Spanish food in Ireland? I am looking for serrano ham, manchego cheese, etc. I have found some stuff, but either the quality is not very good or the price is really expensive.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Pretty pricey, but I said I'd post in case you hadn't come across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Fallon & Byrne, Avoca, M&S - will have good quality foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Aldi have some Spanish seasoning mixes, and I think a few other bits and bobs - worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

64 wine in glasthule if you're around that area, they import their own iberico ham and it's the most amazing stuff on the planet. They also have manchego and other spanish bits and pieces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sergio7

Thank you guys. Yeah, I normally bring some serrano ham and manchego cheese when I go to Spain. Thanks a lot Carmenf looks really nice, I think I'll give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sergio7

I have found this shop in Lower Liffey Street, just off the Ha' Penny Bridge (in Dublin city centre) where they have nice foods from Spain, Turkey and Brazl. About the Spanish products, I can tell they REALLY are from Spain :) The place is called something like Elite or Elit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bevvie

Try Lidl and Aldi, they usually have that kind of stuff and every so often they have a Spanish food promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MrBroker

sergio7 wrote: »
    I have found this shop in Lower Liffey Street, just off the Ha' Penny Bridge (in Dublin city centre) where they have nice foods from Spain, Turkey and Brazl. About the Spanish products, I can tell they REALLY are from Spain :) The place is called something like Elite or Elit.

I spotted that the other day (the sign for the spanish food) and was wondering about the quality! What Spanish foods are they carrying? I have a serious Manchego-habit that I'd to indulge more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Is that place called Taste of Emilia?

Advertisement