Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackpool - Liverpool

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SlickRic wrote: »
    Kenny will get more time. i'm sure you'll think that's utterly unfair on Roy and entirely hypocritical somehow, but he will, because 'getting' the club and trying to play the game the right way are very important.

i, for one, will be critical of Kenny if he deserves it. like tonight, he should have changed it much sooner, and i've no idea how Jova and Kuyt stayed on for so long. and he wasn't quite able to get a response out of the team once it went to 1-1. that has to improve.

His team selection was odd as well, especially the left hand side of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

rossie1977 wrote: »
    had hodgson stayed in charge the only place liverpool would have ended up is the first division (they still might)

jaysus, do ye drop down 2 divisions now when relegated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Rome wasn't built in a day is of course correct.

So when is the boo boy threshold exactly? The knives were out for Hodgson within a month FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

So when is the boo boy threshold exactly? The knives were out for Hodgson within a month FFS.

Generalisations FTW. Believe it or not, but some of us gave him every chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

jaysus, do ye drop down 2 divisions now when relegated?

When Howard Webb is calling the shots, they will. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Generalisations FTW. Believe it or not, but some of us gave him every chance.

Every chance would have been til the end of the season. City were hounded for sacking Hughes after 18 months and Pool beat that by 12 or 13. He was given a small chance, not every chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Every chance would have been til the end of the season. City were hounded for sacking Hughes after 18 months and Pool beat that by 12 or 13. He was given a small chance, not every chance.

I've already outlined why he had to go in the superthread, I'm not going through it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I've already outlined why he had to go in the superthread, I'm not going through it again.

Fair enough, I don't read that thread so we'll just have to leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Does anyone believe that Blackpool will finish higher than Liverpool in the table at the end of the season?

They are 3 points ahead with a game in hand, I think that game is against Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Does anyone believe that Blackpool will finish higher than Liverpool in the table at the end of the season?

Blackpool have two more game's that were postponed both Home games against United and Spurs they could easily finnish ahead of Liverpool but I wouldn't want to make a prediction until after the transfer window closes Liverpool could get a couple of good players in and Blackpool could easily lose a couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Isn't it sad what Liverpool have become that this is a valid topic of conversation these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Isn't it sad what Liverpool have become that this is a valid topic of conversation these days
    Not really Blackpool are really punching above there weight this season and are playing great stuff plus if they get Aaronn Ramsey on loan as rumours are suggesting I think it's a very possible scenario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

the reasonable ones, of which there are a few, know the players are mainly to blame.

but the team can't be gotten rid of.

Hodgson did not get a lot of time, obviously.

but he didn't have the track record before he came, he didn't say the wisest things in public when he was here, and employed horrible tactics...which is why the pressure on him became unbearable.

these were the reasons he had to go.

in an ideal world he'd have had more time, but he didn't help himself.

Kenny will get more time. i'm sure you'll think that's utterly unfair on Roy and entirely hypocritical somehow, but he will, because 'getting' the club and trying to play the game the right way are very important.

i, for one, will be critical of Kenny if he deserves it. like tonight, he should have changed it much sooner, and i've no idea how Jova and Kuyt stayed on for so long. and he wasn't quite able to get a response out of the team once it went to 1-1. that has to improve.

I fully accept that, unfortunately it's difficult to isolate and address the other lot's bull**** without creating a bit of a stir.

I wouldn't be hard on Kenny for last nights selection, whats the point in having p[layers in the squad if they are not good enough to be played? That's not Kennys fault.

They had a hard games last Sunday with 10 men for most of it. Kenny knows he didn't field his strongest available squad tonight, He's saving that for the Derby on sunday as a win in that would be more important to the fans than one tonight.

Like Roy, Kenny has inherieted a lot of poor players and it's evident to me from his again impressive and honest post match comments that he is well aware of the situation he is in and is fully intent on addressing the problems. I do believe he will turn things around if given the time and money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Haters are definitely going to hate.

No offence Lloyd, but this generic response to anything negative about liverpool been said is getting rather triesome.

Why not just discuss the posters point?

The Muppet wrote: »

, He's saving that for the Derby on sunday as a win in that would be more important to the fans than one tonight.

True, but I don't think currently the fans have the right to be so bloody fussy where the points come from they're effectivley in the relugation battle.

you don't get more points for beating everton he should have put out his strongest side last night and then dealt with the everton game when it came it's not the time to be worrying about "kudos" or the "anfield roar" will be getting heard at keepmoat staduim or some such next year.

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    True, but I don't think currently the fans have the right to be so bloody fussy where the points come from they're effectivley in the relugation battle.

you don't get more points for beating everton he should have put out his strongest side last night and then dealt with the everton game when it came it's not the time to be worrying about "kudos" or the "anfield roar" will be getting heard at keepmoat staduim or some such next year.

Granted, I was just assessing what I considered to be his reasons for last nights selection.

They are all only worth 3 points but the Derby also carries bragging/slagging rights which is important to us fans , They are more important to fans than normal games and probably more so if you live in the city involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Everyone back off for a while and watch ntlbell and Muppet converse on the topic of Liverpool for a few more posts.

Some interesting stuff there.

noodler wrote: »
    Everyone back off for a while and watch ntlbell and Muppet converse on the topic of Liverpool for a few more posts.

Some interesting stuff there.

Lemon twisted sarcasam.

Maybe you can discuss the points made or is a conversation leaning towards liverpools relugation battle not easy too stomach at this hour?

Lemon twisted sarcasam.

Maybe you can discuss the points made or is a conversation leaning towards liverpools relugation battle not easy too stomach at this hour?

I wouldn't put much pass on noodler tbh, he struggles to contain the bitterness at the best of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

To be fair you do make and interesting point that perhaps too much focus will be paid to the derby and that "technically" all matches are equal.

From reading what Kess73, someone from Liverpool, there will be a lot of focus due to king kenny returning and the fact that we lost to everton earlier in the season.

Perhaps supporters who might not be from the area view the matches differently.

But there are no liverpool fans under any illusions of the state of the team at the moment, I dont think you will read much bragging should we win.

• Advertisement

To be fair you do make and interesting point that perhaps too much focus will be paid to the derby and that "technically" all matches are equal.

From reading what Kess73, someone from Liverpool, there will be a lot of focus due to king kenny returning and the fact that we lost to everton earlier in the season.

Perhaps supporters who might not be from the area view the matches differently.

But there are no liverpool fans under any illusions of the state of the team at the moment, I dont think you will read much bragging should we win.

I'm well aware of the importance of derby games and in normal circumstances it might have been the right thing to do. coming to the end of january and been 4 points of the drop zone is not normal circumstances for liverpool.

There's all ready a big hole left by lack of CL football money wise, lack of euafa league money next year will add to the pain and being relugated is just about unthinkable but starting to look like a real possiblity.

As a liveerpool fan living on mersey side or maylasia the top priority here on in should be trying to avoid relugation and get back into contention for a european spot. There won't be much point bragging this week if you're playing bristol/scuntorpe et al next august.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No offence Lloyd, but this generic response to anything negative about liverpool been said is getting rather triesome.

Why not just discuss the posters point?

No offence ntlbell, but I have long found such posts not worthy of replying to.

Why not discuss Liverpool when they win games or have good news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

As a liveerpool fan living on mersey side or maylasia the top priority here on in should be trying to avoid relugation and get back into contention for a european spot. There won't be much point bragging this week if you're playing bristol/scuntorpe et al next august.

Yup. Whether its everton or utd or whoever, we need to start winning games.

****e state of affairs is the phrase that comes to mind.

Ha ha , why doesn't that surprise me?

So it's only positives you want discussed, a circle jerk so to speak, off to rawk with you then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The Muppet wrote: »

Ha ha , why doesn't that surprise me?

So it's only positives you want discussed, a circle jerk so to speak, off to rawk with you then.

to be fair, that's not what he said.

and anyway, could people discuss the match or we'll just lock this.

to be fair, that's not what he said.

and anyway, could people discuss the match or we'll just lock this.

Fair enough .

I post in the pool thread whether theres good or bad as you know, I still get the same **** from him..

But you do reply to them.

I wouldn't get to discuss much would I :pac:

[edit]

Just saw slicks request to discuss match! apoligies!

Advertisement