Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackpool - Liverpool

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

only man trying is torres,
    Reina too,
    poulsen was lazy, never tracked back,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The (long overdue) Rafa backlash begins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think this could release funds to let Dalglish get some players in surely it's obvious now it has to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

You're obviously watching a completely different game to the rest of us :p

What was the score in the game you were watching?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Fair play to Blackpool. They beat Liverpool again.

All I can say is you know what your getting when Poulsen and Lucas are paired together, zero creativity.

Defence? Lol. Wouldnt even call them that. very poor.

Subs were too late to make any impact. No point of even putting them on.

Over-all, a poor poor performance from the players and questionable tactics.

Poulsen.. I just want him gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

mars bar wrote: »
    Blackpool will be up to 9th?

Who'd have predicted that at the beginning of the season?

In spite of what I just said, they are also just 7 points above the relegation zone:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Result wasn't hugely surprising tbh

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Fair play to Blackpool, good for the win. They and Ian Holloway have been a really excellent addition to the league.

As a Liverpool fan, I am very happy on a personal level with that loss. Bizarre you might say. But I will tell you why, it's cos it hurt. It hurt unlike anything else I've suffered as a Liverpool supporter for the last 5 months. The numbness is gone, the emotion is back.

I know that the loss has hurt Kenny just like it does Liverpool supporters, and he will use that pain.

Anyone who says anything in relation to Roy's departure or tenure, or Kenny's appointment 4 days ago is franky, daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Out with a wimper, worst I can remember. Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Jova, Kuyt, Poulsen Merilies were pathetic. Sickened after watching that. Well done Blackpool, totally deserved. Great performance Charlie Adams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Liverpool have 0 confidence. Game on sunday will be hard too

There really are some stockings in that team, I'd say it's as much about them not giving a **** as it is about confidence. Poulsen, Johnsen, even our centrebacks.......they need a good kick up the fcuking hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Excellent for Blackpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Liverpool second to every ball. Losing every 50:50 ball. They cannot understand why Blackpool dont live down and die. Kennys first job has to be demolition not rebuilding. Johnson is even poorer on the left than the right. Poulsen is .....well, Poulsen. Did jovanovic play? Why was Meireles on the right when he could be in the middle with Poulsen in Bulgaria or somewhere? Have we nobody with any modicum of pace that can play out wide? Why why why WHY?:mad: EDIT Forgot to congratulate Blackpool on an excellent win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

BERBA wrote: »
    blah blah blah ...
    good point... well made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Good first half followed by a shocking second. Hodgson has left the team in tatters.

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Fair play to Blackpool. They beat Liverpool again.

All I can say is you know what your getting when Poulsen and Lucas are paired together, zero creativity.

Subs were too late to make any impact. No point of even putting them on.

Lucas was the best of a bad lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭baldbear

Rafa bought most of these players
    I BLAME RAFA :mad:

I blame the players. Nearly all are internationals and should be playing better than that. They need a good kick up the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Well that proves it for me, players just arn't good enough , there's no two ways about it.

Fair play Blackpool, they hammered us in the middle of the pitch. They play great stuff at times, credit to them and their manager.

Our central defence was terrible and Johnson at LB didn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Mister men wrote: »
    Good first half followed by a shocking second. Hodgson has left the team in tatters.
    Ah here that's ridiculous Liverpool have been like this away from home since the middle of last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Big smile on Woys face tonight me thinks , said it all along ...rafa , woy , and probably king kenny next....reality check its the players to blame.

you say that as if you're giving us some sort of news flash.

we know it's the players' fault.

you can't sack the team though, which is why Hodgson had to be sacrificed for someone who might get better out of them, and get them motivated.

our problem is mostly lack of width. we've no natural wingers, and our players aren't passing the ball near well enough to carve open the opposition.

it'll take a couple of weeks for Kenny's influence to shine through properly; the only impact you'll see right now is maybe players' attitudes, which we have seen.

but they're playing their football with fear, and are still making too many basic errors. Kenny needs to boot that out of them pronto. i've a feeling he'd have shuddered at some of his players' inability to pass the ball a matter of a few yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

This is going to be the most interesting Merseyside derby in years now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

M5 wrote: »
    Heres hoping Blackpool stay up!

Heres hoping Liverpool stay up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Liverpool were poor for the first half of 2010 and they sacked Rafa, they were poor for the second half of 2010 and they sacked Roy I wonder when will the players start to get the blame??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The Muppet wrote: »
    Well that proves it for me, players just arn't good enough , there's no two ways about it.

Its hard to argue otherwise after tonight. Its the squad players in particular that are not up to it, when they needed something in midfield all they had was Shelvey to bring in. Jovanovic and Poulsen were abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The big problem for the "Big Four" is that teams are no longer merely content to turn up, sit back and get the stuffing knocked out of them. Despite Man Utd being top of the league and unbeaten, even a lot of their supporters have been dissatisfied with results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

If Liverpool could play with half of the confidence of Blackpool we'd be in great shape. After Blackpool got back into it the nervousness and low confidence cam flooding back.

Love the way Blackpool play though, deserved win.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Jovanovic and Poulsen were abysmal.

i honestly can't believe they play for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Villain wrote: »
    Liverpool were poor for the first half of 2010 and they sacked Rafa, they were poor for the second half of 2010 and they sacked Roy I wonder when will the players start to get the blame??

I think everyone woke up a long time ago to the quality of our squad.

I think i said a couple of months ago that Reina, Agger, Meireles, Gerrard and Torres are the only senior players i'd want to keep. As well as the likes of Kelly, Wilson, Shelvey etc

I desperately hope there are at least 7 or 8 high profile departures in the summer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

SlickRic wrote: »
    Blackpool, well the fúck done.

thoroughly, thoroughly deserved from the 45 minutes i managed to see.

we cannot pass the ball; it's actually quite frightening.

and Kenny, if you take that long to make substitutions again, i'm warning you...

...yes, even you...

and this month; please, please, PLEASE buy a fúcking wide player.

Been saying this to my pool supporting friends all season, Liverpool are severly lacking pace and width. It easy to close you down and dictate play, especially with Lucas Meriles and/Poulsen in the middle. You jusr don't move the ball nearly quick wnough or have someone that can drive forward with it when SG is off his game. Which is pretty much the last 2 seasons.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fair play Blackpool, they hammered us in the middle of the pitch. They play great stuff at times, credit to them and their manager.

Our central defence was terrible and Johnson at LB didn't work.

I'd agree with this, game was won by Adam, he just killed you in there.

Most upsetting for me is the complete lack of passion from your team, at the end of the match there was no fight, no drive to win. Big fat nothing. I actually never thought it possible that relegation was an option but after watching such an insipid display i'd be worried for ye.

The difference between Blackpool at 0-1 down to Liverpool at 1-1- and 2-1 down was disgraceful for a team like liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

The top grossing film when kenny last managed in the premiership in 1998 ...ARMAGEDDON:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hopefully they won't again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

our problem is mostly lack of width. we've no natural wingers, and our players aren't passing the ball near well enough to carve open the opposition.
    I'd agree with that. Jovanovic, Babel, Ngog and Kuyt have been hopeless for far too long. One decent player could easily turn things around.

Howdy Villain.

The Blackpool Players were more skillfull, had better passing, and were more composed on the ball than Liverpool. Irrespective of the result you would expect it to be the other way around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Poulsen has to be one of the worse ever to wear a red shirt

The top grossing film when kenny last managed in the premiership in 1998 ...ARMAGEDDON:eek:

Think you should stick to the movies mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Think you should stick to the movies mate

Your username is nearly as good as mine:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Jovanovic and Poulsen were dire.

The only players on the pitch deserving of credit were torres, reina and lucas.

The rest..were so so bad.

I really am sickened that, to look at the squad, there isnt one player who seems to be using his ****ing brain and try to do something.

Everyone, bar a few, are hiding. Its gonna be a long couple of years before things get better.

Edit - well done Blackpool, some great confident soccer. Ian Holloway is a pure ****ing hero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

This is going to be the most interesting Merseyside derby in years now!

Everton will win, easy...

unless Everton play absolute dog ****e (a la newcastle), It is impossible to see Liverpool win this, especially without stevie g

no confidence, no goals, no guts...manager mayhem

not the way to go into a derby game

Pool supporters will say Everton are hardly up in the top of the table, but anyone who has seen the teams play (all the games) can clearly see who has played better football this season.

Everton usually turn good at the start of the year, and it could be another run, only thing is if Liverpool were higher placed in the league Everton would fancy their chances more, Everton are up near the top of the table in teams against the top 6...

but teams near the bottom, eugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

The big problem for the "Big Four" is that teams are no longer merely content to turn up, sit back and get the stuffing knocked out of them. Despite Man Utd being top of the league and unbeaten, even a lot of their supporters have been dissatisfied with results.

Not so much results, mainly the performances i'm dissatisfied with tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Have to laugh at the state of Liverpool.
    Was Joe Cole injured?
    they need a winger badly.
    Shauwn W Phillips is available and they should approach City for him IMO.
    Try and Get Aquilani back from loan if possible. He never got a real chance in the team and he cost a fortune 18mil i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

lol @ referring to us as "big four". Those days are long gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Wow, that Liverpool team is pathetic. Fair play to Blackpool though, they're a fun side to watch. Charlie Adam bossed the midfield tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Everton will win, easy...

unless Everton play absolute dog ****e (a la newcastle), It is impossible to see Liverpool win this, especially without stevie g

no confidence, no goals, no guts...manager mayhem

not the way to go into a derby game

Pool supporters will say Everton are hardly up in the top of the table, but anyone who has seen the teams play (all the games) can clearly see who has played better football this season.

Everton usually turn good at the start of the year, and it could be another run, only thing is if Liverpool were higher placed in the league Everton would fancy their chances more, Everton are up near the top of the table in teams against the top 6...

but teams near the bottom, eugh

And just like that any hope I had of another Liverpool loss go straight down the sh*tter. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

charlie adam cost blackpool next to nothing & meireles cost over 10 million!!!, just goes to show that you dont need to break the bank to play passing football, liverpool were made made to look like a bunch of cloggers, skrtel,poulsen,jovanovic,shelvey,ngog,meireles,johnson are cloggers of the highest order

Mister men wrote: »

Ha Ha Ludicrous.

the entertainment value is high tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Xabi Alonso was never replaced, a good deep lying midfielder who can pick out a pass be it four yards or forty. Charlie Adam would be the perfect man for the job if they can get him. That should be priority in this window imo. A complete overhaul is badly needed this Summer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

In the first half of 2010 we lost less games then Arsenal, Man City and Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mushy wrote: »
    In spite of what I just said, they are also just 7 points above the relegation zone:eek:

That all?

'Tis a mad league altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

The Muppet wrote: »
    Ha Ha Ludicrous.

the entertainment value is high tonight.

I imagine he means has left the in tatters with regards to confidence... not much disputing that... if he means left the squad in tatters well that's the previous ownership...

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Xabi Alonso was never replaced, a good deep lying midfielder who can pick out a pass be it four yards or forty. Charlie Adam would be the perfect man for the job if they can get him. That should be priority in this window imo. A complete overhaul is badly needed this Summer though.

true.

but width is also the huge issue.

in our best season we had Riera, Benayoun and an inform Kuyt as options on the wings.

Riera's contribution is particularly overlooked from that season.

it's all well and good having a great deep-lying midfielder, but he needs a variety of targets to aim at.

Advertisement