Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yoga in Limerick

Options
  • 12-01-2011 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I used to practice yoga in Galway, found it great for my flexibility as I was training a lot, would like to get back into it in Limerick. Would prefer to do something a bit challenging but a bit of meditation as part of the class is definitely not a bad thing.
    Can anyone recommend a good class to take in Limerick?
    thanks
    Ronan

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

Hi Ronan,
    the best teacher imo in Limerick is Tadhg Ferriter. You can find him at
    http://www.limerickyoga.com/

However, his classes are not the full on physically challenging yoga, so when you talk to him, ask him if you can try out one of his stronger classes which include Salutation to the Sun.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LimerickBishop

Hi Ronan,

I can recommend Tadgh. I started his beginners class in January and within a few weeks it was advancing into intense work. He always advises lesser abled people of an easier alternative to demanding poses. He does plenty of Salutations to the Sun, and performs them outdoors in his garden if the weather is fine like it was on Wednesday evening. It was really nice.

You can buy a yoga cd from him to practice yoga at home, I tried it in my garden this morning and its really good. A cd is better than a dvd imho as you can close your eyes and follow clear instructions from the cd. He narrates the instructions at a nice pace too.

He's a sound man who wants his attendees to get as much as they can out of the practice, and is very approachable and answers any questions you may have or offers advice if looked for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

If you wish to experience Tadhg at his best, he is teaching a weekend residential yoga and meditation retreat on 27th May to 29th May at the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre.

Details are at
    http://www.burrenyoga.com/ireland-retreats/satyananda-yoga-tadhg-ferriter-may-27th.html

Each class deepens over the weekend, and there are organised outings into the Burren and by the sea, amazing vegetarian food and very good attention given to each course participant as we only have 15 people on each course.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 zagzagel

Hi
    I did a course with Siobhan Shinners of ANAM yoga and found her an inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SaraYoga

Sasta Yoga Studio in Ardnacrusha offers Hatha/Vinyasa classes. Check out http://sastayoga.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement