Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing a monitor

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

The only real difference i can see is the Image contrast ratio.

5000000:1 vs 1000:1

The more expensive one also has a few extra outputs on the monitor:

1 x audio line-out - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
    1 x SPDIF line-out - TOSLINK

If you are looking for a bright screen, you should perhaps look into a LED monitor. Also, Elara have a forum here on boards.ie if you need to talk to them click on the below link:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1106

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 adrenaline

Elara price looks way to high, it is 229 Euro in Pix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Elara's prices are insane at the best of times for an online supplier but with those monitors they are just taking the piss.

OP you could pick up a 120mhz 3D gaming monitor for less than what Elara are charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Venom wrote: »
    Elara's prices are insane at the best of times for an online supplier but with those monitors they are just taking the piss.

OP you could pick up a 120mhz 3D gaming monitor for less than what Elara are charging.

They do have some good prices too though. Its the same for all e-tailers. We can only sell at a certain price depending on the vendor we buy from, usually higher quantaties equal a lower price and vice versa.

Elara LS23EFUKFV/EN - €367.84
    Pix LS23EFUKFV/EN - €229.00

not normal is it?

Lets just get back to Cylor's question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cylor

Odd thing is...

Pixmania also has two apparently different XL2370s:
    EUR 229 [ link ]
    EUR 262 [ link ]
    (I couldn't manage to find SKUs)

From Elara:
    EUR 270 [ link ]
    EUR 367 [ link ]

Now if the different SKUs point to essentially the same product (I probably won't need audio out from a monitor? Where's the audio in? Apart from through the HDMI which I probably wouldn't use...), Pix would come in at 229 + 18 delivery; elara would be 271 if I collect. Difference is only ~20 euro and from stories I've heard with pix...I'd rather stick with somebody based locally and somewhere I can collect without the wait :)

To the comment "If you are looking for a bright screen, you should perhaps look into a LED monitor."...I thought the XL2370 IS an LED back-lit monitor :confused:

A 120Hz 3D gaming monitor? Any particular recommendation?

Thanks for all the comments!

Edit: Oh and on the point with the two versions having different contrast ratios...I don't think it's a real difference...it's like comparing digital zoom and optical zoom in terms of aboslute numbers, I think.

There is a chance you will receive totally different item from Pix:) LOL

Advertisement