Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LoZelda Collector's Edition - Majora's Mask

• 12-01-2011 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if it is worth while to get the LoZ collectors edition for the Gamecube to play Majora's Mask?

I had a copy a few years ago but I never got around to playing MM but I have read a lot of reviews sayin that this Zelda game on this edition is glitchy as hell. Anyone played this edition on the gamecube?

PS: I dont have a Wii so I cant download it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The N64 version is glitchy as well. Not played it but what you are getting is an upscaled Zelda with no blur and can also be played in RGB so it's a damn sight nicer looking. However the N64 version is much cheaper so if you have an N64 with the 4MB expansion it might be the cheaper option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Thanks Retr0 but I think it would be a waste if i invested in a N64 for one game as I hardly get time to play my gamecube and Xbox, dont have the space for one either.

It seems with the collector edition the 3 other games run as normal, but with MM it is a bit jumpy in cut scenes but can also shut down your system when you are saving and not start back up again :eek:. Why is that? Did ninty not use the same emulator on MM as they did with OoT?

I guess it would be a 'chance it' sort of thing with this edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I have this and am ashamed to admit I never got around to playing either it or OOT: Master Quest. I am not worthy to play the new Zelda game whenever it arrives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

I've a spare copy of this.It's in its case and the disc is in great condition but I don't have a manual for it.If you want to trade something retro related I'd be up for a swap.Anything Ps1,Megadrive,DC,N64,Snes,Nes,Gb would do ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Gulliver wrote: »
    I have this and am ashamed to admit I never got around to playing either it or OOT: Master Quest. I am not worthy to play the new Zelda game whenever it arrives!

Thats ok gulliver! I only started playing OoT last night, gave it time this time, and have fallen in love with it right away! So I think you should give it a go, better late than never I say!

I've a spare copy of this.It's in its case and the disc is in great condition but I don't have a manual for it.If you want to trade something retro related I'd be up for a swap.Anything Ps1,Megadrive,DC,N64,Snes,Nes,Gb would do ;)

I'd love to take that spare copy off your hands DarkS, but I have nothing of retro value for you sadly :(. But I would happily throw you a couple of quid for it if you'd be interested? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Got this with Mario Kart when I got my Gamecube. Stupidly gave it to a 'friend' and never saw it again.
    Been watching it on ebay and some of them go for stupid prices....

Majora's Mask is pretty awesome though, will get it back someday!

Advertisement