Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shimano tights

• 12-01-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just looking for people's opinions on these Shimano tights (or any experiences people may have with shimano tights/shorts in general. Does anyone know what the padding is like in Shimano kit, either these or others? I already have a set of dhb Merstons that I got last year, but I'm looking at picking up a second set, and since these are so much cheaper than the pace tights that seem to have replaced merstons, if they're any use I might as well save myself some money :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i have some shimano windtex tights, the padding isnt as good as my best shorts (santini with intech gel) but certainly not the worst, prob good for a 100km - for me !

EDIT: pretty thin they are ok but dont have any fleecy lining so you tend to get cold legs on really cold days (1-2 deg C)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I have shimano winter tights which I like alot. They're thicker than those ones and I find them comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

Cheers for the replies. So for 26 odd euro (I'd be looking at one of the larger sizes, being 6'3"), they sound like a decent buy? As far as I can tell, if the picture is anything to go by, these are probably the winter bibtight from the Shimano Originals range, so while they're likely not as warm as a roubaix set or anything, they're hopefully not too light either, and should suit most of what I'm apt to be out in.....

And 100km is probably the most I'm likely to be doing on a regular basis, for a while at least, with the exception of a 200km (stopping approx every 50km) each way trip to Galway in late March, so it sounds like the padding might be sufficient.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I have Shimano tights and like them. Shimano chamois isn't bad but you'll probably have better chanois in other shorts.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement