Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 1 GOTY

• 12-01-2011 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Does something like this exist?
    All I can see is the classics range one.
    I'm looking for on that has all the DLC with it.

I just got ME2 and I'm enjoying it so much I want to play the first before I go much further.
    I'd prefer to get a complete edition tho. Cheap as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

8.99 in HMV last time i saw it. Comes with the add-ons Disk too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

8.99 in HMV last time i saw it. Comes with the add-ons Disk too.
    Thats the classics one isn't it?
    Is that all the DLC on that disk? Or just some?
    The best description I can find is "additional DLC".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just to "warn" you that ME1 is a bit different from ME2.

Combat isn't as good but the story is much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

kiddums wrote: »
    Thats the classics one isn't it?
    Is that all the DLC on that disk? Or just some?
    The best description I can find is "additional DLC".

Don't think it's the classic one but to be honest I think there's only one DLC pack available anyway for ME1.

Jim wrote: »
    Just to "warn" you that ME1 is a bit different from ME2.

Combat isn't as good but the story is much better.
    I've read the reviews or ME2 that say that.

I feel a tad lost with the story at times so I'm wanting to play the first for that. Plus I can get ME3 and complete the story.

I missed Halo 2 and I still feel like I missed out on the story there, and its story isn't as intrigate as ME.
    Don't think it's the classic one but to be honest I think there's only one DLC pack available anyway for ME1.

Ah right, thats probally it so then, cheers. I'll order it now when I get some peace here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

There's only 2 DLCs for ME1; Bring Down The Sky (80 microsoft points, ~ €1) and Pinnacle Station (400 points, ~€5)

I downloaded them this week, but haven't played them. From what I understand, they're not tied into the main story at all, and they're just fun side missions.

You can pick up an 800 Microsoft Points card for around €10 on gamecards.eu, and you'll still have 320 left over to buy more stuff.

According to Play, the classic edition only features the Bring Down The Sky DLC
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/9351470/Mass-Effect/Product.html?searchstring=mass+effect&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Mass Effect 1 is a bit more RPG oriented, i missed walking about the huuge areas of the Citadel when it came to ME2.
    ME2 = a bit more focus on action and combat
    It also lacks the lovely 80s synthy soundtrack very similar to Blade Runner,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIt6KDOcHY
    whereas ME2 was a bit more orchestral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

While I agree with the differences mentioned above between both games, I think it's essential that ME1 gets played through first.

Thanks guys.
    Its not on the HMV site so I might get it from Play at the uk price. The advantage of having an address in NI I can use.:P

Advertisement