Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from UK to Ireland - removal company advice sought

Options
  • 12-01-2011 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,

We are about to move back to Ireland after some years in the UK. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good removals company that would not cost the earth.

thanks,

Launeman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gleisweiler

It depends on where you are currently living, but I moved from Surrey in the UK to Ireland just over two years ago and after looking at many companies I went with James Removals who are in south east London, just off the M25. They were mid range when it came to the many quotes I got. I didn't bother to keep the invoice so I can't give you a price.
    However they were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. The guys who did the work never stopped from the minute they arrived at the house until everything was on the lorry (massive bloody thing)
    and they were there fo a day and a half. We packed and wrapped the contents ourselves as the time we gave to James was too tight (8 days from aggrement to actually residing in Ireland) for them to arrange packing but they did organise the physicial move and no major damage occurred.
    Their web site is : http://www.jamesremovals.com/
    Phone number is 020 8856 5100 I must stress that I have no connection, business or otherwise, whatsoever with the company other than using them on that one occasion and if needed, I'd certainly use them again. if you want to chat some more, my email address is frannbar@sky.com. Good luck as it is a massive thing you are undertaking.

Advertisement